I'm really sick of the lefty media pushing this narrative about the "border" bill that the house shot down

bullets13

Every single article pushed by the leftist media right now is all about how republicans demanded a border bill, the senate negotiated a bipartisan bill, and then the house shot down the bill they demanded.  This take is so blatantly disingenuous that it gets my blood pressure up, and you all know I'm far from the most conservative guy around, and also not nearly as conservative as many of you when it comes to immigration. very few senate republicans supported that crap, so quit calling it a "bipartisan bill just because one republican was involved in negotiating it.  But more importantly, quit acting like any of the following parts of the bill truly benefit border security:

1.  out of a $118.3B bill, only $20B would be used on border security.

2. the new bill would negate border states' ability to challenge issues with border laws in their home states, instead having to do so in ultraliberal Washington DC in front of ultraliberal judges.  A better way of putting this is the bill would mean that border states could never challenge any aspects of the bill, because they would be guaranteed to lose.

3. based on the number of illegal crossings required to trigger actual border security through the bill, up to 1.6M illegals would be allowed in unchallenged yearly.

I mean, yeah, can't believe those crazy conservatives turned all this down, right?