East Chambers 46 Orangefield 53/FINAL

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I do agree that Kountze has played the much tougher schedule.

Those losses to Westwood and Tyler Chapel Hill kind of stick out to me in regards to Orangefield.

But, that's why we play the games.

I certainly will be there Tuesday night.

True! 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Those losses to Westwood and Tyler Chapel Hill kind of stick out to me in regards to Orangefield.

Me too !    Depends on if role players show up and play the role.  Also If Ktz plays like they did against EC or if they start slow like against Warren.   Should be a great game, watching two top guards against each other.  

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

To me Orangefield's biggest issue when we play elite caliber teams is the fact that they face guard Scales and the others try to play 4 on 4 rather than finding ways to keep our best scorer involved. He had 15 in the 1st quarter against EC the other night, but only 5 more for the rest of the game. He finished 7/11 for a game high 20 points. At the half, no one else had scored outside of Wrinkle and Scales. What would the score have been if there was more focus on screening to get Scales free and clearing out the floor? He doesnt average near the shot attempts that others get to put up the same kinds of numbers. I realize that if they facegaurd and commit others to not letting Scales get any decent looks then it should leave others open to score, but that doesnt work for us against really elite teams that can put up big points like we can when Scales is involved. Wrinkle consistently puts up numbers along with Scales but we have to get more from the supporting cast to be able to beat Kountze's, the Westwoods, and the Chappel Hills. And by consistency, I dont always mean scoring, I mean doing whatever it takes to win. Playing D, rebounding the basketball, sprinting up the floor. Passing up a decent shot to get a great shot, etc . Alot of our downfalls against the really good teams, is just nerves and some of the boys needing to s  ettle in under the bright lights.

11 hours ago, KHSAlum400 said:

No it won't. Look at Orangefield's strength of schedule compared to Kountze's. 

I understand man, but I didnt pick our schedule. We travel the country all offseason trying to play the best so Ghost can keep getting those matchups. I wish all the games were the tough ones in high school as well, but that just isnt how high school sports work. Like I said, if both teams show up the way I know they can, then it will be an all out war. If the Bobcats dont show up and execute a very good game plan form tip off it will show very quickly. Nothing worth having ever comes easy and that is what makes it fun! I hope Tuesday night is all its cracked up to be!

14 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

To me Orangefield's biggest issue when we play elite caliber teams is the fact that they face guard Scales and the others try to play 4 on 4 rather than finding ways to keep our best scorer involved. He had 15 in the 1st quarter against EC the other night, but only 5 more for the rest of the game. He finished 7/11 for a game high 20 points. At the half, no one else had scored outside of Wrinkle and Scales. What would the score have been if there was more focus on screening to get Scales free and clearing out the floor? He doesnt average near the shot attempts that others get to put up the same kinds of numbers. I realize that if they facegaurd and commit others to not letting Scales get any decent looks then it should leave others open to score, but that doesnt work for us against really elite teams that can put up big points like we can when Scales is involved. Wrinkle consistently puts up numbers along with Scales but we have to get more from the supporting cast to be able to beat Kountze's, the Westwoods, and the Chappel Hills. And by consistency, I dont always mean scoring, I mean doing whatever it takes to win. Playing D, rebounding the basketball, sprinting up the floor. Passing up a decent shot to get a great shot, etc . Alot of our downfalls against the really good teams, is just nerves and some of the boys needing to s  ettle in under the bright lights.

Coach Whitmire has had alot of success against Coach Joubert in the past 7-8 years. It’s going to be a lot of fun watching what these two have planned. Two talented teams, and two very good coaches. It should be a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, Coach 01 said:

Coach Whitmire has had alot of success against Coach Joubert in the past 7-8 years. It’s going to be a lot of fun watching what these two have planned. Two talented teams, and two very good coaches. It should be a lot of fun.

Totally agree, Coach Whitmire is great and we are glad to have him. Joubert's resume speaks for itself as well. I think Tuuesday will be a lot of fun as well!