NO TAILGATING AT DP STADIUM? ARE THEY CRAZY?

Welcome to Deer Park I.S.D’s Clyde Abshier Stadium. It is our hope that you will find our facility safe and enjoyable, where we can all appreciate and applaud the efforts of each group. Listed below are the rules and regulations we ask that you follow while in our facility. We do appreciate your observations of these guidelines:

1. Gates will open 1 hour prior to game time for spectators.

2. Spectators will not be allowed to leave the stadium and return once the game has started.

3. State laws and school district policies will be in effect concerning alcoholic beverages and controlled substances.

4. No outside food or drink may be brought into the stadium; this does not apply to band, drill team or cheerleaders.

5. Food, drinks, gum, sunflower seeds and tobacco are prohibited at all times around or on the field areas.

6. The use of tobacco products in any form is prohibited on all school district property. (State Law)

7. Tailgate parties are prohibited.

8. Only emergency vehicles may be parked inside the stadium (regulated by the Stadium Supervisor).

9. NO VEHICLE of any kind is allowed to drive on the field surface (includes trailers and golf carts).

10. Only authorized personnel will be allowed on the field or in the dressing areas before the game, at halftime, or after the game. Individuals must present a sideline pass.

11. No loitering will be permitted. Spectators must sit in the stands and keep off the rails. Aisles should be kept clear at all times. Students may not cross to the other side of the stadium.

12. Items such as Frisbees, balls, whistles, etc… are not allowed in the stadium.

13. Bags, backpacks, coolers, etc… are not allowed in the stadium.

14. For the courtesy of fan viewing and safety, umbrellas cannot be used in the seating area.

15. Victory lines shall be limited to drill team and cheerleaders only.

16. Coaches’ wives and families are not allowed on the field after the game.

17. Spirit banners may be hung on the fence at the top of the stands. Signs should NOT be taped or hung on any other stadium structure.

18. Booster clubs wishing to sell items under the grandstands must receive approval from the athletic office. Booster clubs must set up in the approved areas. Please call 832-668-7241 for information concerning booster club sales.

D

Deer Park I.S.D.

CLYDE ABSHIER STADIUM

RULES AND REGULATIONS

WHAT???? NO FREAKIN WAY!

If I am not mistaken Nederland played there a few years ago and we had a tailgate party.

Good luck Raiders, beat the Waller Bulldogs!

You might be thinking of Pasadena Memorial Stadium.  I could very well be wrong, but I don't recall the Dogs ever playing in Deer Park. 

Guest maverick24

Just got off the phone with the AD at DP and they said we could eat all we wanted too in the parking lot, but that OPEN flames were not allowed. So we can either have Electric BBQ pits or claim the Gas ones are not an open flame. BUT NO CHARC OR WOOD FLAME pits what so ever!

I called and talk to the Head Coach (very nice man) we can tailgate but can not have an open flame of any type. He ask me to make sure no trash was left and I assured him we would clean up.

Also, he asked how many people I thought would be at the game and I told him between 8-10K. WHO REALLY KNOWS. He added that we would have additional sits on the Waller side. He called the Waller coach and he had no problem with that at all. He was very nice and I thanked him for allowing us to play on his field and I invited his entire staff to our tailgate party. I explained that the food of choice was some nice tender but mangled BULLDOGS. He declined the BULLDOG but may eat a ham sandwich.

Please do not bring an open flame of any type. I told him the LUMBERTON fans were good people and would not break the tailgating rule. He added that no air horns were allowed, I told him that I would leave mine at home.  NOW the AIRHORN stuff ....... your own your own. I only committed to no open flames, I explained that people would probably be bring airhorns because of our tradition. We just do not want to penalize our team for some horn, if that is possible. Some one smarter than I will know that rule.

I called and talk to the Head Coach (very nice man) we can tailgate but can not have an open flame of any type. He ask me to make sure no trash was left and I assured him we would clean up.

Also, he asked how many people I thought would be at the game and I told him between 8-10K. WHO REALLY KNOWS. He added that we would have additional sits on the Waller side. He called the Waller coach and he had no problem with that at all. He was very nice and I thanked him for allowing us to play on his field and I invited his entire staff to our tailgate party. I explained that the food of choice was some nice tender but mangled BULLDOGS. He declined the BULLDOG but may eat a ham sandwich.

Please do not bring an open flame of any type. I told him the LUMBERTON fans were good people and would not break the tailgating rule. He added that no air horns were allowed, I told him that I would leave mine at home.  NOW the AIRHORN stuff ....... your own your own. I only committed to no open flames, I explained that people would probably be bring airhorns because of our tradition. We just do not want to penalize our team for some horn, if that is possible. Some one smarter than I will know that rule.

Gee, Mr. Creel has been very busy on the phone this afternoon! I just spoke to him also, and he said that there is a field at the very south end of the stadium, OFF the parking lot, which will also be used for overflow parking. He stated that we COULD use our grills or whatever at THAT location, no problem. He just asked that everyone park sensibly so it can still be used for parking. He did say if it rains though, it will be a mess. 

As for the airhorns...he stated that they will have people/security there, and that they may tell someone that they are not supposed to have them, but they WILL NOT be searching anyone! As for the L-TRAIN Whistle and the truck horn, those need to be OUTSIDE THE STADIUM. As far as any repercussions, if someone (opposing team) wanted to complain, it would be OUR TEAM that would be sanctioned.

Mr. Creel also stated that he had heard some VERY NICE COMPLIMENTS about the L-TRAIN crowd from the Super at Goose Creek ISD.

Now...with all that said...Gentlemen, and Ladies...LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder