Orangefield 54 Buna 47/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Orangefield 54 Buna 47/FINAL
52 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Anyone have a break down of how we lost a 15 point lead late in the 2nd Q? 

The boys started off slow but then loosened up in the first half and at one point got up by 20. They went into the locker room for halftime and came back looking sluggish and not real enthused, just my opinion on that part though. 2nd half looked pretty sloppy and as if they believed they already had the game won. Not making excuses, just never really felt like we couldn't just hit the switch and take back over if we needed to (no disrespect to Buna, I have just seen our firepower and know what we are capable of). Game got a little chippy with a lot of questionable and confusing calls in the second half. It was just a recipe that screwed up the original game plan.

On the ride home, I was told everyone was still banged up and sore from the two previous tournaments and tough games in them. The players all thought they'd try to coast and just maintain their lead in the 2nd half, which didnt go as planned. It was like we were missing a gear in the 2nd half.

Hats off to Buna for making a game of it and competing. Most of that group are good kids and we wish them the best!

Looking forward to their 13 day holiday healing period after they play PNG Friday. They will be able rest a little and get their legs back before the Crockett/Grapeland Tournament on 12/28 - 12/30. 

3 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

The boys started off slow but then loosened up in the first half and at one point got up by 20. They went into the locker room for halftime and came back looking sluggish and not real enthused, just my opinion on that part though. 2nd half looked pretty sloppy and as if they believed they already had the game won. Not making excuses, just never really felt like we couldn't just hit the switch and take back over if we needed to (no disrespect to Buna, I have just seen our firepower and know what we are capable of). Game got a little chippy with a lot of questionable and confusing calls in the second half. It was just a recipe that screwed up the original game plan.

On the ride home, I was told everyone was still banged up and sore from the two previous tournaments and tough games in them. The players all thought they'd try to coast and just maintain their lead in the 2nd half, which didnt go as planned. It was like we were missing a gear in the 2nd half.

Hats off to Buna for making a game of it and competing. Most of that group are good kids and we wish them the best!

Looking forward to their 13 day holiday healing period after they play PNG Friday. They will be able rest a little and get their legs back before the Crockett/Grapeland Tournament on 12/28 - 12/30. 

Correction to my earlier post: I was informed that we did pick up another game at Mcneese next Thursday the 21st at 10:30am against Fairview. No worries on our end though, a week should be plenty for the boys to be rested up and the game will help keep the rust off before the tournament.