TABC District Predictions

1 hour ago, Cu Chulainn said:

I was offered (would have never moved my son mid year 6th grade if that hadn't have been the plan all along), even interviewed with Coach Crouch at the time. I ran a very winning/UA sponsored organization for 5 years. Texas A.T.T.A.C.K. Squad Basketball - A.T.T.A.C.K. - Athletic Training That Amplifies Christ's Kingdom, in case you didnt know. I am a real coach who develops players and helps them realize their potential. I am sorry that it makes folks mad that I trained my own son and have been able to put real goods teams on the floor over the years, but it is what it is. I am not a keyboard warrior or made up sports pro who takes shots at folks online under made up names. Not my style, and I try to spread positivity, not hate! A lot of the players these blogs talk about, came through our program and were like family, but no one wants to speak of that. Since you set directly across from me at this last tournament most games, why dont you look at all the hugs and handshakes I get from the players from opposing teams? That's called respect and I didnt get that from taking shots at folks on a sports blog. I got that from loving kids and trying to be who they needed me to be over the years. Some of yall should try it some time, its a real rewarding experience to see that kids know you care about them. Deep down, all my former players know where they got their start and what Coach really cares about them and their futures. In the end, it was real tough to keep our team together and have enough players to go live at practice from such a small area and for everyone to commit to such busy and extensive travel schedule. There are definitely levels to this, and flights, hotels, and travel isn't doable for everyone, which is totally understandable. Consequently, we ended up having to pursue other opportunities with bigger city teams

@AggiesAreWe you seem to like taking shots at me and my family even though I always take the high road. I'm not sure why, because I have never done anything to you or your family but its getting old. I welcome you to contact me or speak to me in person, instead of taking shots at me on a sports blog. I am not a liar and never have been. I hate liars and fake people, which is something I pray to the Good Lord to help me with daily.  

Not sure where he has takin shots at you?

On 12/11/2023 at 9:38 AM, Cu Chulainn said:

Ply in game to miss the playoffs, all the way top predicted 1st Place. Makes you think a little .........

From what I've gathered, you're the only one thinking too much about this. You got happy by beating a bunch of 9th and 10th graders. This same group (including the now-freshmen) was dominant at the middle school level. The bigger question should've been: how can a group of 9th and 10th graders be on the cusp of making the playoffs last year? Or how can that same group knock off a top-10-ranked team (EC) at home?

There is nothing to think about. Let me know if you need me to proofread that letter for you.

23 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

From what I've gathered, you're the only one thinking too much about this. You got happy by beating a bunch of 9th and 10th graders. This same group (including the now-freshmen) was dominant at the middle school level. The bigger question should've been: how can a group of 9th and 10th graders be on the cusp of making the playoffs last year? Or how can that same group knock off a top-10-ranked team (EC) at home?

There is nothing to think about. Let me know if you need me to proofread that letter for you.

I would never turn in my former players. My own son was a freshmen on Varsity last year and his best friend is a sophomore on Varsity this year. Sells, Smart, Donald, and Coffey (3 sophomores and a freshmen) all played for me. They are great kids and I wish the best for them. I understand that these younger classes coming up are loaded with talent. I'm proud of that for the 409. 

It wont be me, but if all is legit than there wouldn't be anything to worry about even if someone else did decide to move forward.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I just wanted clarity. That's all. Didn't know which it was.

Just was told different by folks in the know at LC-M.

I know we messaged separately and I told you my side, but I am pretty sure the math can be done on why some folks in the know at LC-M's story may vary slightly. Corey Guilbeaux (Kelly's Assistant Coach Now) had been their JH Coach the previous year on a part time stipend, so it wasnt an unheard of thing to do over there. I was most of the incoming 7th Grade JH Team's AAU Coach as well as Jonah Fuller on their incoming 8th grade Group, so it was an opportunity to see them through JH Basketball, so it made sense. Was told it was a done deal and I even said Id just donate the stipend back to the school. Covid, blah blah blah and whatever, it didnt happen. No problem, Ghost was already there, had made friends and we really like Coach Hunter Gonzales and still do. 

No big deal, but I promise that is how it all happened. 

I predict that the Kountze will have the same players at the end of the season, as they do tonight when they open up district with Hardin. Nobody here is concerned with the mess that some try to stir up. I think we have done enough singling out of kids as well. Send the letter, have somebody else send a letter, sign it with a cool nickname, but let's get back on topic.

37 minutes ago, mfd814 said:

@AggiesAreWe  did you post your predictions yet ?   I was looking for them.  I’ve seen some really good basketball so far this season. Excited about the SE Texas area 

I will post them after the holiday tournaments.

Need to see a few more teams in person. Have seen most already. Going to catch Splendora at Tarkington tonight.

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I wouldn't sleep on Anahuac.

But, I also have Buna finishing 4th.

That was my dilemma as well.  

Interesting note on Kountze.  Wasn't so long ago that they were pitching a fit about another kid in the district being an illegal transfer (although word on the street was they were doing East Chambers' bidding).  Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for the kid, a couple of the other superintendents in the district at the time had known the young man's father for practically his entire life.  To the point they let the two complaining schools know they were barking up the wrong tree and squelched it.  As anyone knows who knows me, I am all for letting the Kountze kids play.  But I am always amused by the hypocrisy in these sorts of thing.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

That was my dilemma as well.  

Interesting note on Kountze.  Wasn't so long ago that they were pitching a fit about another kid in the district being an illegal transfer (although word on the street was they were doing East Chambers' bidding).  Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for the kid, a couple of the other superintendents in the district at the time had known the young man's father for practically his entire life.  To the point they let the two complaining schools know they were barking up the wrong tree and squelched it.  As anyone knows who knows me, I am all for letting the Kountze kids play.  But I am always amused by the hypocrisy in these sorts of thing.  

What kid are you referring to?

On 12/12/2023 at 11:44 AM, Cu Chulainn said:

I know we messaged separately and I told you my side, but I am pretty sure the math can be done on why some folks in the know at LC-M's story may vary slightly. Corey Guilbeaux (Kelly's Assistant Coach Now) had been their JH Coach the previous year on a part time stipend, so it wasnt an unheard of thing to do over there. I was most of the incoming 7th Grade JH Team's AAU Coach as well as Jonah Fuller on their incoming 8th grade Group, so it was an opportunity to see them through JH Basketball, so it made sense. Was told it was a done deal and I even said Id just donate the stipend back to the school. Covid, blah blah blah and whatever, it didnt happen. No problem, Ghost was already there, had made friends and we really like Coach Hunter Gonzales and still do. 

No big deal, but I promise that is how it all happened. 

Did they hire you to be the film guy?  I almost came and talked to you at the Orangefield tournament, but I was intimidated by your cinematography setup.  And I didn't want you to yell at me.  If the Orangefield role players were half as intense as you, the cats would be a top 10 team in the state.

23 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Did they hire you to be the film guy?  I almost came and talked to you at the Orangefield tournament, but I was intimidated by your cinematography setup.  And I didn't want you to yell at me.  If the Orangefield role players were half as intense as you, the cats would be a top 10 team in the state.

I'm not paid to be the video guy, no. I film for various reasons, but mostly to help my son and his teammates. I sure wish you would come up to me anywhere you see me, even though everyone on here knew you never would. I'd love to show you my camera setup. Its called Iographer and helps you protect your Ipad and easily edit videos on Imovie. there wont be any yelling involved. I'm a real man and I handle myself accordingly. I definitely don't take cowardly shots at folks under made up usernames. Id rather address issues man to man like we are supposed to. Our role players are doing just fine and are all coming into their own. Its a team game and Coach Whitmire has the whole team going in the right direction and understanding their roles. As far as the ranking goes, we were #15 in the State last week and that was before our most recent two wins against Buna and PNG. Hopefully we gain a little more tomorrow when TABC releases their new numbers. If not, our boys are 15-1 with two back to back tournament wins! Id think the top 10 is inevitable for this season! 

We do appreciate you following us and having so much concern for us! It always nice to have new fans whether we know them or not.

5 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

I'm not paid to be the video guy, no. I film for various reasons, but mostly to help my son and his teammates. I sure wish you would come up to me anywhere you see me, even though everyone on here knew you never would. I'd love to show you my camera setup. Its called Iographer and helps you protect your Ipad and easily edit videos on Imovie. there wont be any yelling involved. I'm a real man and I handle myself accordingly. I definitely don't take cowardly shots at folks under made up usernames. Id rather address issues man to man like we are supposed to. Our role players are doing just fine and are all coming into their own. Its a team game and Coach Whitmire has the whole team going in the right direction and understanding their roles. As far as the ranking goes, we were #15 in the State last week and that was before our most recent two wins against Buna and PNG. Hopefully we gain a little more tomorrow when TABC releases their new numbers. If not, our boys are 15-1 with two back to back tournament wins! Id think the top 10 is inevitable for this season! 

We do appreciate you following us and having so much concern for us! It always nice to have new fans whether we know them or not.

The bobcats have a good team… Probably haven’t moved up a ton because of strength of schedule maybe? Nonetheless good team

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

The bobcats have a good team… Probably haven’t moved up a ton because of strength of schedule maybe? Nonetheless good team

Thank you for saying that, and I agree. I really wish we could have made Duncanville, but it would have been too tough to pull off this past Summer. We beat a good PNG team the other night by 10 and have Fairview out of Louisiana this coming Thursday. They were a real tough matchup last year, so hopefully they will check our oil a little and give us some good exposure. We also have a Crockett/Grapeland Tournament coming at the end of this month that may help. I honestly don't see any drastic ranking swings coming until us, Kountze, & EC start mixing it up. Should be a real fun season with real good battles. To be the best, you have the beat the best, and I'm sure our guys are up for the challenge.