Dumbest broadcaster comment ever!

You do know where the announcers are from don't you. And as a Buckeye supporter I admit they go WAY overboard ALL the time. But, they are former players, they do the job for free, and they love their home team as much as any of you love theirs. And when they play the games back, I know they do sometimes say "why did I say that". They will tell you themselves they are straight up homers and if you don't like it don't listen to them. 

And p.s..... I ain't one of them 🤣

7 hours ago, lostaussie said:

You do know where the announcers are from don't you. And as a Buckeye supporter I admit they go WAY overboard ALL the time. But, they are former players, they do the job for free, and they love their home team as much as any of you love theirs. And when they play the games back, I know they do sometimes say "why did I say that". They will tell you themselves they are straight up homers and if you don't like it don't listen to them. 

And p.s..... I ain't one of them 🤣

oh it is obvious who they support and there is nothing wrong with being a homer at all.  doesn't change my opinion on the "masterful " statement though.  lol. they literally put those boys  chance to advance at that time in jeopardy. fortunately the young man made a helluva play to cause fumble.

Edited by Dirty_but_Dazzling

16 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I just watched the end of Carthage vs Gilmer on you tube(Game 14 2023 Gilmer vs carthage)Carthage.

Just so you can get understanding of what is taking place start about at the 3 hour mark. Then at 3:37:33 you will hear what I am talking about.

WOW!

You must have never listened to Dana Melancon (ex Channel 6 weather guy) covering a football game on Southeast Texas Express. 

18 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

know what? I have to get my buddy @Reagan on this.

I have to agree with you.  I know it was home cooking as broadcasters.  So you have take that into consideration.  Gilmer was on the verge of losing when the fumble happens.  So masterful?  I think not.  The master(s) was on the other side of the field.  

13 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I have to agree with you.  I know it was home cooking as broadcasters.  So you have take that into consideration.  Gilmer was on the verge of losing when the fumble happens.  So masterful?  I think not.  The master(s) was on the other side of the field.  

Sure was........and he lost

15 hours ago, Reagan said:

The master lost though. At that moment, I'd rather be the guy on the winning side at that moment. And if Gilmer was that close that one fumble made a difference in the game plan by Surratt, I would have to give some credit to Gilmer's coach(es) too.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Just a reminder... we don't allow bashing of any students here. And fwiw, many of us think they're doing a outstanding job for a first year program.

wasn't bashing the students. they do a great job on the live stream.  

was talking about the radio BROADCAST.

just a reminder YOU should NOT assume things.

Heck I would take the PN-g kids over our local TV sports people right now.