Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

7 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

The only problem is you're missing a few steps between one and two...I may have to go into witness protection for my comments😄 but PN-G fans had an entire day to purchase tickets I remember the days we had to camp out in bitter cold to get tickets..if the fans didn't get tickets that's a THEM problem the players and coaches would play the game in a mudhole in Munday as long as the field was 100 yards had two endzones and two goalposts...I've never seen part of a fan base bitterly complain about a coach based solely on rumor and innuendo. I think CardinalBacker is on to something the new slogan for PN-G should be Honor, Pride, Tradition, and Petty😺

It’s not petty to defend yourself when news outlets across the state are spreading falsehoods about you. You can’t see that? 

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

What was false about it did PN-G fans not buy tickets on the Liberty Hill side because the PN-G side was sold out

They said PNG fans did it for the purpose of preventing LH fans from being able to attend the game. It’s two very different connotations. One is simply fans wanting to see a game. The other is fans maliciously trying to block others from attending the game (ie, buying tickets they have no intention of using just to keep them out). 

2 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

They said PNG fans did it for the purpose of preventing LH fans from being able to attend the game. It’s two very different connotations. One is simply fans wanting to see a game. The other is fans maliciously trying to block others from attending the game (ie, buying tickets they have no intention of using just to keep them out). 

You're assuming they have no intention of using them...that said I wouldn't put it past a PN-G fan to drive to Liberty Hill to buy tickets

7 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

You're assuming they have no intention of using them...that said I wouldn't put it past a PN-G fan to drive to Liberty Hill to buy tickets

Rez Ipsa’s version of events is the factually correct one.

That aside, there are a handful of people in PN-G shirts walking around Liberty Hill today.

😎

8 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Why haven’t they released their unsold tickets yet?  

Some said 10am today and some said they will only be available at the gate.  I doubt many will drive all that way without a ticket and hope to get one at the gate.  They are purposefully trying to keep people out.  

4 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Why haven’t they released their unsold tickets yet?  

Some said 10am today and some said they will only be available at the gate.  I doubt many will drive all that way without a ticket and hope to get one at the gate.  They are purposefully trying to keep people out.  

Correct.

Apparently one of the local doctors in LH bought 100 tickets to be given to fans for free, and they still haven’t gotten them all out. They know their fan turnout is about to get trounced on their own side of the field and they’re trying to mitigate the embarrassment.

At some level, I can respect that. But the lesson is clear: agree to a bigger stadium next time. Problem solved.

1 minute ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Correct.

Apparently one of the local doctors in LH bought 100 tickets to be given to fans for free, and they still haven’t gotten them all out. They know their fan turnout is about to get trounced on their own side of the field and they’re trying to mitigate the embarrassment.

At some level, I can respect that. But the lesson is clear: agree to a bigger stadium next time. Problem solved.

An electrician bought 300 to pass out for free and they still haven’t gotten rid of them. 

1 hour ago, PN-G bamatex said:

But the lesson is clear: agree to a bigger stadium next time. Problem solved.

I heard that LH offered up a few college stadiums: one wasn’t available and the other was denied by PNG so it seems that it wasn’t about LH not agreeing to a bigger stadium but rather location of stadiums. Also, several people have made it sound as if LH chose because they were the home team but according to UIL rules location is chosen prior to coin toss.

1 minute ago, LHpantherpride said:

I heard that LH offered up a few college stadiums: one wasn’t available and the other was denied by PNG so it seems that it wasn’t about LH not agreeing to a bigger stadium but rather location of stadiums. Also, several people have made it sound as if LH chose because they were the home team but according to UIL rules location is chosen prior to coin toss.

Were the college stadiums in Houston? Or was it something closer to Austin? 

18 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

This lie is still spreading. It’s an astonishing sequence: (1) PNG fans want to see the game; (2) LH selects a small stadium; (3) Both sides have the same opportunity to buy tickets; (4) PNG fans buy available tickets because they want to watch the game; (5) LH fans don’t buy enough tickets; (6) PNG fans are still desperately trying to locate tickets because there aren’t nearly enough; (7) LH fans claim PnG fans are trying to limit THEM from going to the game.

The ability to simultaneously be the cause of their own problems AND to be so especially aggrieved by PNg’s reasonable actions taken in response is incredible. If PNG had its way, every single fan from both sides would attend. Someone might say, “Well, you should have won the coin toss.” Why is it that when we win the coin toss, we make sure MORE fans from the other side can come, but when we lose it the other team tries to leave our fans out?  And, given that truth, how are we the bad guys?

IMG_7203.jpeg

LH did not CHOOSE the stadium…stadium choice is mutually agreed upon prior to coin toss per UIL rules. 

5 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Were the college stadiums in Houston? Or was it something closer to Austin? 

I am not sure. Could have been U of H. Could have been A&M. I have no idea which ones. Honestly, we don’t have many options close to us…Baylor? Texas state? UT? I can’t imagine LH would have suggested those with such a distance discrepancy 

Edited by LHpantherpride
Need to add a stadium