West Brook

Porter

Memorial

Crosby

Lufkin

K. Park

United

Some reflections...... 

Thank Zues Desoto is opting up and I like this district but again, wrong region.  8 and 11 could be swapped easily for those with a subscription 

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

Per Dave Campbell:

Dist 7 5A-D1

Red Oak

Highland Park

JT

DeSoto

N. Mesquite

W. Mesquite 

Midlothian 

Dist 8 😑

West Brook

Porter

Memorial

Crosby

Lufkin

K. Park

United

Some reflections...... 

Thank Zues Desoto is opting up and I like this district but again, wrong region.  8 and 11 could be swapped easily for those with a subscription 

DeSoto is likely not opting up....Padilla and I both believe they will play in 5A (which is where I have them)....district 11 in my mock makes a better bi-district fit in Region III with the other Austin area district IMO

Just now, Matthew328 said:

DeSoto is likely not opting up....Padilla and I both believe they will play in 5A (which is where I have them)....district 11 in my mock makes a better bi-district fit in Region III with the other Austin area district IMO

Did Cedar Hill get bigger? 

5 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Okay, since Desoto isn't opting up, that's cool.  But why not put one of those Austin/Temple/Waco districts in Reg 2 and put us(PA and Bmt) back in region 3?  That should;ve happend last time but people at the UIL can't seem to be able to read a map.....

And, I was told Lufkin use to play the College Station schools so either keep them in Dist 7 or let them cross I-45 and play over there.  A six team district in the Golden Triangle would be ok for the next 2 years

1 minute ago, Austin1985 said:

Okay, since Desoto isn't opting up, that's cool.  But why not put one of those Austin/Temple/Waco districts in Reg 2 and put us(PA and Bmt) back in region 3?  That should;ve happend last time but people at the UIL can't seem to be able to read a map.....

And, I was told Lufkin use to play the College Station schools so either keep them in Dist 7 or let them cross I-45 and play over there.  A six team district in the Golden Triangle would be ok for the next 2 years

Everything is shifting because El Paso lost a district....the state is a big puzzle...if El Paso still had their own district I think District 8 would be in Region III, but everything has shifted with one less district to work with....District 11 makes more sense to be paired with District 12 for me....

yes Lufkin has been w/College Station and A&M Consolidated before but A&M and C-State are shifted west to fill out two Austin districts...there was only one true Austin district last time now there's two with Anderson/Weiss moving down to D1 and Rouse moving up to D1...Lehman and Hays shift north out of north San Antonio back to Austin due to movement down there...

The extra Austin district comes from El Paso losing a district...lots of moving parts..you absolutely could put district 11 into Region II and move district 8 to Region III, but since this is my mock realignment and I'm going off what I believe the UIL will do this is what I think will happen...

1 minute ago, Matthew328 said:

Everything is shifting because El Paso lost a district....the state is a big puzzle...if El Paso still had their own district I think District 8 would be in Region III, but everything has shifted with one less district to work with....District 11 makes more sense to be paired with District 12 for me....

yes Lufkin has been w/College Station and A&M Consolidated before but A&M and C-State are shifted west to fill out two Austin districts...there was only one true Austin district last time now there's two with Anderson/Weiss moving down to D1 and Rouse moving up to D1...Lehman and Hays shift north out of north San Antonio back to Austin due to movement down there...

The extra Austin district comes from El Paso losing a district...lots of moving parts..you absolutely could put district 11 into Region II and move district 8 to Region III, but since this is my mock realignment and I'm going off what I believe the UIL will do this is what I think will happen...

I'm retired and I wish I could be in Austin to help with their map reading........

And since it's yours, imma blame you too if we end up in Reg 2 opposite the new district of dealth.......

21 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Whoever made the 5A D2 mock needs access to a map.  Brenham is much closer to Bryan. Dayton is much closer to Texas City. Switch those two at the least, but I think three or four of those need to be traded with each other from those two districts.

He posted a map in the link below. It’s a difficult puzzle to solve with some schools alone on their 5A D2 islands.

As someone noted earlier, this mockup also didn’t account for Baytown Lee likely being in D2.