Huntsville (10) @ Texas City (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They have a ton of speed. I'm actually about to watch their 1st round game. 

I have to go back and look myself... The starting RB for Huntsville we work together on my weekend job and I talk to him very often.  I didn't get to talk to him today because he wasn't at work but I will soon.  And since I used to play he always ask advice from me.  Most of the time at work we would look at film together.

The Hornets definitely have a chance to win against LBJ.  The Huntsville D-Line is starting to play like the 2020 version.  However, the offense has to be able to sustain drives or the defense will tire.

Most people just assumed they would lose to Texas City.  I think the Hornets threw away the Randle game so they wouldn’t have to play FBM again.  It would be interesting to see what happens if there is a Rd 3 rematch. Huntsville is 6-5, but all 5 losses are to teams playing in the 2nd round.  

12 minutes ago, Eazy said:

The Hornets definitely have a chance to win against LBJ.  The Huntsville D-Line is starting to play like the 2020 version.  However, the offense has to be able to sustain drives or the defense will tire.

Most people just assumed they would lose to Texas City.  I think the Hornets threw away the Randle game so they wouldn’t have to play FBM again.  It would be interesting to see what happens if there is a Rd 3 rematch. Huntsville is 6-5, but all 5 losses are to teams playing in the 2nd round.  

I think this time if they get past Austin LBJ they go out in beat FBM... I talked to Braylon and that was one of the games he was pretty mad about that one.

17 minutes ago, NDNmom91 said:

We beat LBJ in 2nd round last year.  Can’t take them lightly cause they definitely have talent but their district is really weak so they weren’t used to being tested and it showed…very undisciplined too!  I’m confident Huntsville can win this one!  

They also have a different head coach.  Jamaal Fenner built up the program but left after last season and is now in charge of High School relations for the University of Texas.  

22 minutes ago, TCloudy said:

They also have a different head coach.  Jamaal Fenner built up the program but left after last season and is now in charge of High School relations for the University of Texas.  

Oh yeah, seems like I do recall hearing their coach left.  Should be a good game!  I’ve got family in Huntsville who are very involved with school district and athletic booster club…solid program, GREAT fan base and their Superintendent is a PNG grad so I’m definitely pulling for them to get the W!