Nederland vs PNG MCM #100! Official thread :)

bulldawg64

Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?

• Nederland
    • PNG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, NDNmom91 said:

Yep, very accurate description…lol!  People gonna have their legs all up on your back so no need to bring stadium seats 🥴

I understand stadium seats, but some people want to bring their whole living room. They take up so much space. I don’t think they should be allowed for this game. It’s going to be standing room only; leave your throne at home. 

15 hours ago, png9mon said:

Please remember Indian Fans that the visitors side seats at Nederland Bulldog Stadium are extreeeeemly small.  Your normal size stadium seats won't fit in one.  There is no leg room, so no room to move your seat down if you need to, and you will.  Remember everyone is entitled to their own seat that was purchased even if they do pack you in like sardines.  By the way I am not exaggerating at all!!!🤨

Wait. Your calling Ned’s visitor side small??? Pot meet kettle. 😀

1 hour ago, Bigdog said:

Yeah, cause it IS 😝!  No need to get into a “measuring” contest cause ours is small too…lol!  I think that post was more of a PSA to let our fans know they gonna have to rough it so leave the big bags and “lazy boy” stadium seats at home!!  😂

5 hours ago, Bigdog said:

No, I am saying the seats are only 15 inches wide on the Visitors side at Nederland.  No room for stadium seats.  Also, absolutely no leg room.  Sardine can packing.  It is pitiful.  At PNG Visitors side reserved are 17.5  inches wide with enough room for seats and legs.  That's what I am saying.  PNG Visitors side decent, Nederland Visitors side indecent.

1 hour ago, bulldawg64 said:

Pn visitors  side the aisles go to nothing, dead end into someones seat  surely with the tax dollars we have to pay someone would have corrected it when the stadium was upgraded.

Well, the original plan included a new and bigger visitor side but ended up just refurbishing the exiting ones because unfortunately Hurricane Ike hit during the process and caused some damage, plus cost of materials went up so $ had to be used for repairs.  Hate it didn’t work out but at least PNGISD cared enough to include building bigger visitor bleachers in the original plan….what about NISD?? 😝  But I am glad ya’ll cared about our bodily functions enough to build bigger  restrooms 🤪

1 hour ago, NDNmom91 said:

Well, the original plan included a new and bigger visitor side but ended up just refurbishing the exiting ones because unfortunately Hurricane Ike hit during the process and caused some damage, plus cost of materials went up so $ had to be used for repairs.  Hate it didn’t work out but at least PNGISD cared enough to include building bigger visitor bleachers in the original plan….what about NISD?? 😝  But I am glad ya’ll cared about our bodily functions enough to build bigger  restrooms 🤪

Our visitor side seats plenty for most of our games it's almost empty anyway

47 minutes ago, outanup said:

The visitors side is full once a year... IF we play the injuns at home. Really doesn't make much sense pouring a bunch of money into it.,,,

I now reopen the Move Mid County Madness to Lamar argument.  $20 per ticket,  it will be a sell out, no problem with extra seating on the berm area.  Teams pay stadium rental. Let Lamar run concessions.   Split the remainder of the ticket money between the two schools.

If you can't play football without "so called" home atmosphere.   Your school should probably not play football.🤗  Let's take care of the fans first.  They pay the taxes and the bills for the sports program, don't they?

9 minutes ago, png9mon said:

I now reopen the Move Mid County Madness to Lamar argument.  $20 per ticket,  it will be a sell out, no problem with extra seating on the berm area.  Teams pay stadium rental. Let Lamar run concessions.   Split the remainder of the ticket money between the two schools.

If you can't play football without "so called" home atmosphere.   Your school should probably not play football.🤗  Let's take care of the fans first.  They pay the taxes and the bills for the sports program, don't they?

smh

1 hour ago, outanup said:

The visitors side is full once a year... IF we play the injuns at home. Really doesn't make much sense pouring a bunch of money into it.,,,

Agreed…same at the Rez.  We might luck out and have a full visitors side TWICE if we play PA Memorial pre-season and MCM   Both were away this year so visitor side didn’t see much action…lol!  I sure miss the crowds when we played our local schools. 

36 minutes ago, png9mon said:

A big problem with moving it is PNG Band gets the profits from visitor side concessions and pretty much the only time they actually make a substantial profit is when MCM is at home and possibly PA Memorial IF we play them preseason cause the Houston area schools MIGHT bring 300 fans COMBINED…..it’s SAD!  

15 minutes ago, outanup said:

MCM is the bell cow of revenue for the HOME team every year.....Subtract that and then add travel and loss of gate and concessions plus the biggest WOE, No Homefield advantage and it doesn't make sense...........And no HC wants to give up Home field advantage.

I agree.

It really is a dumb idea.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree.

It really is a dumb idea.

So we make sure the PNG fans continue to be packed into the ridiculously itsy bitsy seats at Bulldog  Stadium.  Because,  of course, the fans are not important at all to the success of a football program. So certainly the limited seats continue to limit the visiting fans access to MCM, and the fans continue to be treated with the disrespect they deserve.   I guess that is the smart thing according to your point of view.  Hmm let's think!

Just now, png9mon said:

So we make sure the PNG fans continue to be packed into the ridiculously itsy bitsy seats at Bulldog  Stadium.  Because,  of course, the fans are not important at all to the success of a football program. So certainly the limited seats continue to limit the visiting fans access to MCM, and the fans continue to be treated with the disrespect they deserve.   I guess that is the smart thing according to your point of view.  Hmm let's think!

The game is for the players, not the fans.

Should PN-G ask for bigger stadiums when they play other schools? Why just Nederland?

You really need to look at the numbers more closely and research what the costs of moving the game would be. You would be very surprised.

10 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Hate to break it to you,  but Ned’s visitor side seats more than PNG’s . Ned’s middle sections of stands are taller.  And I seriously doubt you went out there and measured both with a tape.🙄