West Orange Stark vs Jasper

monknuk68

Senior night and i think it's pink out too. This is going to depend on which team we get on the field Friday night. Is it the one that scores 50 vs Newton. Or the one that can't buy a point in the first half vs BC. Is it the defensive wonder that held both HF's and Silsbee's high power offenses to their lowest point totals of the season?

The ups and downs, highs and lows, are so drastic now that there's no expectations anything will flow from one week to the next. They can't find any solid ground to build on each week. At this point we are exactly in the same position as last season. No progress. Still lost to all the same opponents even though we were home for a few of them. Even though we went to OT with some too. There is no more home field advantage. So now when Jasper steps off the bus Friday we've got our hands full. Hope we get another instant classic that comes down to the final minutes.

32 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Senior night and i think it's pink out too. This is going to depend on which team we get on the field Friday night. Is it the one that scores 50 vs Newton. Or the one that can't buy a point in the first half vs BC. Is it the defensive wonder that held both HF's and Silsbee's high power offenses to their lowest point totals of the season?

The ups and downs, highs and lows, are so drastic now that there's no expectations anything will flow from one week to the next. They can't find any solid ground to build on each week. At this point we are exactly in the same position as last season. No progress. Still lost to all the same opponents even though we were home for a few of them. Even though we went to OT with some too. There is no more home field advantage. So now when Jasper steps off the bus Friday we've got our hands full. Hope we get another instant classic that comes down to the final minutes.

You said a mouthful, I agree!

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Nah, this is a west orange team that plays to the level of its competition.  Jasper isn’t close to Silsbee talent-wise, and that was a close one.  My guess is Jasper in a close one but if they blow WOS out, the mustangs have officially quit.  

I agree. WO-S will match up quite well with Jasper.

I see this one going either way. Turnovers will be the key.

Not sure about this one. Beginning of year I thought Jasper would have a lot better record. WOS is still a solid team but factor in all the distractions they are having to deal with it has to be effecting the players. Jasper, loaded with talent, but missing something on the field. This happens sometimes, team loaded with individual talent but no on the field take charge player stepping up. 

20 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I sure hope so. I’m just not very convinced. 

In a way we're betting everything we've got on this one. It's all or nothing. No pain no gain. No risk no reward. All the cliches you can think of. Is there anything we can do to avoid another repeat of last season. Any progress would be a tremendous achievement. This game will go a long way to determine the direction in the playoffs. OK maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Playoffs? Playoffs?

10 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

In a way we're betting everything we've got on this one. It's all or nothing. No pain no gain. No risk no reward. All the cliches you can think of. Is there anything we can do to avoid another repeat of last season. Any progress would be a tremendous achievement. This game will go a long way to determine the direction in the playoffs. OK maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Playoffs? Playoffs?

Lol,that was funny!! But the better coached team will win.simple if jasper just does what the coach need them to do with the little things they will win. But, if they start to try to do things they haven't been doing all yr.they will lose.bcz,w.o will only run 4 plays and for whatever reason not get ur backs involved more.w.o passing game will be key.

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

In a way we're betting everything we've got on this one. It's all or nothing. No pain no gain. No risk no reward. All the cliches you can think of. Is there anything we can do to avoid another repeat of last season.

I couldn’t agree more. They need this win more than some can imagine (more cliches, lol). I hope they can get it together for this game. 

13 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've got a ticket with your name on it sir.

👍 I thank you my friend. i am sure you are gonna be blued up from the shoe up and i know i am gonna be DAWG 'ed out.

Should be a good time.  one half on the home side the other on the Visitor side? lol. I defer to the second half.

2 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yep Silsbee held him under 40 yards i believe. Also cover #5 and it should be good enough to stop the pass

Silsbee held WO-S to just 41 rushing yards on 22 plays. 2 yard average. Turner had 27 yards on 12 carries. Mustangs threw for 119 on 26 attempts. Total offense for WO-S was 160 yards on 48 plays. 3.33 yards per play.

Silsbee had a total of 302 yards of offense (191 passing, 111 rushing)