Newton (9-2) vs Tatum (11-1) Predictions? Friday, 7:30 at Lufkin

KFDM COOP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curios to those that are predicting a Tatum win as to specifically why?

I'm not predicting a win by either team because I haven't seen any Tatum stats or know much about their offense or defense or special teams...

Do they have a good QB? RB? Receivers?

Is their O line big? Fast? Slow?

Is their defense strong? Fast? Big?

How may average points has the Tatum defense allowed?

How many points has the Tatum offense scored this year?

Does the Tatum area have a website equivalent to setxsports.com to find out some information about them?

This game could possibly be the best two teams in Texas in Div 1 2A facing off in the Region III championship game.  Two perennial powerhouse teams.

Should be a great game!

I agree with BigB, the winner of this game will win the State title. Tatum returns a QB that is a three years starter and has two state championship rings. They have a stub WR that I think has already commited to a D1 school. They return a defense that has a D1 prospect on the D-line and at LB.. Not sure on their RB because Creer carried the load last year. I don't think Tatum will run away with this game, Newton will play them tuff and if Tatum doesn't bring their A-game Newton will take it. It should be a great game and I will make the trip to see this one for sure!! 

I've seen Tatum play several times over the last couple of years.  They won the 3A state championship two years ago and 2A division I state championship last year.  I'm not sure that this year's team is as strong as previous teams.  Those teams sent kids to Tennesee, TCU, Michigan State, UH and others.  They were loaded.  That being said, they have three or four kids that will go D1 on this year's team.  Several of the kids on this year's team contributed to last year's state championship in track.  They are coached by Andy Evans who was the long time coach at ECC.  This should be a very good game.  I hope the weather is decent.

Offense:

Tatum has scored 479 points this year in 12 games. Avg per game = 39.92

Newton has scored 424 points this year in 11 games. Avg per game = 38.55

Defense:

Tatum has allowed 194 points this year. Avg per game = 16.17

Newton has allowed 177 points this year. Avg per game = 16.09

Should be a really great game.

* Note some online score have the Newton vs. Crockett score incorrect. Actual score was Crockett 21, Newton 9

Newton by 21, Tatum hasn't played anyone. Whoops I over looked one team Gilmer,15-3A beat them 71 to 28. The two 3A teams that beat Newton both went to the 2nd round. In fact out of the four 3A teams that Newton played this year only one didn't make the playoffs. It's very clear who has played the toughest schedule. Tatum might be a good team, Newton is a good team and has already proved it.Tatum better bring their A+ game. The only way they win is if Newton gives to them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder