Port Neches-Groves (41) @ Dayton (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

14 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

What is up with our Center

Should read, "centers". There are several doing long snaps pre-game, every game, with Coach J. watching. I watch because one of them is mine; but anyway there still isn't any great consistency with any of them. Everyone holds their breath with each snap, and maybe that's just how it's going to be, this season. Or maybe not; maybe things will all eventually "snap" in place. 

17 minutes ago, 1970 said:

Should read, "centers". There are several doing long snaps pre-game, every game, with Coach J. watching. I watch because one of them is mine; but anyway there still isn't any great consistency with any of them. Everyone holds their breath with each snap, and maybe that's just how it's going to be, this season. Or maybe not; maybe things will all eventually "snap" in place. 

Y’all keep beating up on teams like PNG worked over Dayton last night and you won’t need a deep snapper. At least not to punt. 

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

Somebody posted that Nederlands defense is better than PNGs, and not even close. 

I’d definitely give PNG a significant edge on defense, and it’s not much of an argument.
Nederland’s defense fluctuates between “dang that was a really good play” and “are they even trying?” PNG’s defense is ahead of schedule from where they were last year, and they keep getting more and more dangerous. Add that to an offense that is getting more balanced, with an increasingly sharpshooter QB, and PNG is almost ready for Mid-County Madness. 

What Nederland has going for them is they seem to get better every week (giving them a confusing “it” factor - Like, are they bad or good? If we changed nothing about this team but the penalties and mistakes, how much better are they? I think, a lot better) and serious speed in the open field (something they could exploit similarly to the Dayton qb’s running around against us). 

Yes, probably need a drug test on the poster that stated Nederland’s defense is better than PNG’s. It is not even close. PNG plays defense and Nederland does not. For the poster that thinks Nederland is getting better, he is right from how they were last year vs this year, however saying that, their 3 wins are against some very weak teams and Marshall had scored a total of 7 points vs PNG and TC. Again Nederland’s defense isn’t close to PNG’s