2023 UIL Region 10 Marching Band Contest Thread!

Here we go again! It's Bandtober and the return of the annual UIL Region 10 Marching Band Contest!

The contest will be held Saturday October 14, 2023 at Port Neches-Groves HS Stadium. The schedule shows 29 bands competing to earn that coveted Division 1 rating and the chance to move on to state competition.

Admission is $5 to get in.

I still plan to attend and record all the bands. If y'all want, come say hi to me as I battle the weather elements and try to get the best video/audio recordings of our local high school bands.

Once I get back home, I will start to edit the video and audio, then post onto my YouTube. The day looks to be pleasant with a cool front passing the day before so hopefully I will not be a sweaty mess at the end of the contest. 

I believe this is the first official year since 1990 (not counting the post-COVID time), that ALL classifications will advance past region to area/state competition.
Keep in mind that we have separate open class (contemporary-style) and military class tracks for state marching band contest.

Some of my thoughts:
- One school missing from last year (2022) includes Newton.
- Lamar University will be performing twice for exhibition.
- Beaumont United and West Brook High Schools are competing back as Varsity Bands, so they will be able to advance to the Area round. 
- Currently we have 3-2A, 9-3A, 12-4A, 3-5A, 2-6A bands participating.

Best wishes to all participating bands as they finish learning their music/drill and polishing up their shows in the next week.

2023 UIL Region 10 Marching Schedule.png

• 3 weeks later...