Crosby (11) @ Humble Kingwood Park (27) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

In all fairness to 14.2, I would be frustrated as a parent too. Here is what I see, and this is only surface level. His son went from a “ featured” RB to a blocker slotted in the WR spot. He probably never lined up in the WR in his life. He is playing out of position, wonder how many other players are in the same boat. His son is a senior and had no opportunity to seek other options. He did what he could as a parent and met with the new coach and I would assume they came to an agreement to be a RB, but…… His son went from a player line up in the backfield to a slot WR. I can bet everyone on this thread would feel some kinda way too.

Oh i definitely feel the kid has been screwed no doubt about but if #2 is hurt it’s time to shine. Pretty sure most of the last two games he has gotten ample opportunity?

2 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

Salute to 14.2 son #14, not bad for a "backup" RB. SMH, maybe the coaches should use them both. So this proves my point, he is a "pure" RB and is "playing out of position.

Crosby vs KWP

23 Carries, 146 Yards, 1 TD

Yep. Kid went from being all-district RB last year to playing in the slot. Those 23 carry’s for 146 yards were hard yards due to an o-line that does not block or doesn’t know their assignments. The coach has no clue. Levi was pounding for six yards per carry up the middle, then tries to run a jet sweep on 4th and inches. That’s just one instance of the insane play calling. 

8 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Unironically this isn't the worst team Crosby has had, but it's by far the worst coached team we've had in what two decades? Like when I actively want Flannigan back that's all you really need to know. 

Worst team in over a decade. Two offensive players and one defensive player would have started for Flannigan, Riordan, or Prieto! The others would have been subs. 

13 hours ago, show me the money said:

Worst team in over a decade. Two offensive players and one defensive player would have started for Flannigan, Riordan, or Prieto! The others would have been subs. 

That's simply not true. There is plenty of talent on this team, but talent minus coaching = this result. 

There are three D1 players on this team, just because the other kids aren't D1 doesn't mean they wouldn't have played. 

The Tight End is really good he's put in bad spots having to catch timing routes over the middle and getting flatlined. The receiving core has not been very good. And we've had plenty of not very good O-lines through the years.