Crosby (7) @ Fort Bend Marshall (56) - FINAL

jdawg03

This is going to be worse than last week. Completely unprepared to play. Trying to be positive about the coaching but when we hired Willis I said his style of offense wasn’t conducive to the type players Crosby produces. Going to be tough to make the playoffs with the kids being coached like this. 

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

This is going to be worse than last week. Completely unprepared to play. Trying to be positive about the coaching but when we hired Willis I said his style of offense wasn’t conducive to the type players Crosby produces. Going to be tough to make the playoffs with the kids being coached like this. 

It's an embarrassment for the coaching staff in that first half there is no doubt. 

I said on the previous thread FBM was the better team of athletes, I just thought they would regroup and play Crosby football. There is a brighter side when it comes to district, but to get back to Jerry’s world you gotta dominate the comp in your area first. For what it’s worth FBM is still in D2. Need speed in Hs and particularly at the QB position, from the Walter twin to Netherly to Howard to Branch. All those players had speed and you had to respect them out of the pocket. From what I see Eudy can throw the ball, but who is he gonna throw it to in this offense? Perhaps this system may not be a good fit for him personally 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️. If you have enough studs to stack the box, then the offense……

6 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

I said on the previous thread FBM was the better team of athletes, I just thought they would regroup and play Crosby football. There is a brighter side when it comes to district, but to get back to Jerry’s world you gotta dominate the comp in your area first. For what it’s worth FBM is still in D2. Need speed in Hs and particularly at the QB position, from the Walter twin to Netherly to Howard to Branch. All those players had speed and you had to respect them out of the pocket. From what I see Eudy can throw the ball, but who is he gonna throw it to in this offense? Perhaps this system may not be a good fit for him personally 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️. If you have enough studs to stack the box, then the offense……

Brighter side in district? Y’all play like this and District won’t be any better 

3 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

No district teams have the amount of D1 athletes like FBM. As you may know, D1 offers are not given out lightly. 

They are always dripping with D1 offers and we’re last year. They also were when BH with no offers destroyed them on their field a couple of years ago. See ya in 2 weeks 😎

14.2 as an Indian fan I ask your opinion. Is Marshal that good? We got beat by them last year in the first district game. Won the second game in the playoffs. I know we are not the same team as last year, but up to this point we have the exact same results as last years team so its hard as an Indian fan to say were exactly we are yet. What is your opinion on FBM. Are they that much better than Crosby. I find that hard to believe. Something doesn't seem right in the cookie jar with this score. 

24 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

14.2 as an Indian fan I ask your opinion. Is Marshal that good? We got beat by them last year in the first district game. Won the second game in the playoffs. I know we are not the same team as last year, but up to this point we have the exact same results as last years team so its hard as an Indian fan to say were exactly we are yet. What is your opinion on FBM. Are they that much better than Crosby. I find that hard to believe. Something doesn't seem right in the cookie jar with this score. 

Yes, they’re that much better than Crosby with this coaching staff. No, they’re not light years better than last year as the score may indicate. They’re better at QB but offense is still the same basic “get out in space and make a play”. QB run threat is about equal to last year with Davis. O-line is a little bigger but still just ok in general. 

I’m not sure they’re better on the defensive line than last year after losing the Baylor and TCU kids but I think their DTs are more solid. Secondary is their strong suit as usual and the speed is typical of what you see from them. You have to see them against a better coaches team but I would say in general that this is their most complete squad since those state finals teams they had. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yes, they’re that much better than Crosby with this coaching staff. No, they’re not light years better than last year as the score may indicate. They’re better at QB but offense is still the same basic “get out in space and make a play”. QB run threat is about equal to last year with Davis. O-line is a little bigger but still just ok in general. 

I’m not sure they’re better on the defensive line than last year after losing the Baylor and TCU kids but I think their DTs are more solid. Secondary is their strong suit as usual and the speed is typical of what you see from them. You have to see them against a better coaches team but I would say in general that this is their most complete squad since those state finals teams they had. 

Thank you. I have much respect for your opinions. 

11 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

I saw no "want to" in this Crosby team tonight.Completely outclassed.

It’s hard for your team to get fired up when the head coach tells them it’s a scrimmage. Meanwhile our old coach is apologizing to his new community for taking a non-district L.

No fire, no swagger, no anything. Practice is like a business meeting. I’m not exaggerating when I say this is Kevin Flannigan all over again. Outside of the MS athletic coordinator who came from North Shore we don’t have any coaches on the staff who came from winning program at this level or higher. The CEO style coaching works at a lot of places with a different type of kid. It’s just never been shown to work here. Coach Willis is a great dude but again, doesn’t always mean you’re the best fit.