Over 1200 online tonight!!!!

AggiesAreWe

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Our traffic has always been more than Smoaky's. Day or night, weekday or weekend.

I guess I expected that with all the who's-who teams they cover like Longview, Carthage, Aledo, Gilmer, etc, that there would be more random traffic from around the state checking on them?  

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I guess I expected that with all the who's-who teams they cover like Longview, Carthage, Aledo, Gilmer, etc, that there would be more random traffic from around the state checking on them?  

Our member online number has always been greater than theirs too. Not just the guest portion.

I used to go to smoaky some to get scores and stuff.  It was just set up poorly in my opinion.  Cluttered, and not as many forums.  Just kinda felt like everything was thrown in together.  Of course I haven't been on there in a few years years probably.

Edit: just went and looked and their site is basically set up like ours now.  I remember going before and there were only a few forums with all kinds of random stuff piled in them.

On 8/25/2023 at 11:41 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

At the peak, we had over 1200 folks online tonight here at SETXsports. (all time record is 1850) Good start to this football season!!

Thanks everyone for making this the place to be for high school football on Friday nights in Southeast Texas.

How many need to be on here regularly before we would be able to coax you out of retirement to run this thing again!!??

On 8/25/2023 at 11:41 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

At the peak, we had over 1200 folks online tonight here at SETXsports. (all time record is 1850) Good start to this football season!!

Thanks everyone for making this the place to be for high school football on Friday nights in Southeast Texas.

Thank yall for allowing outsiders lol. 

2 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Best thing Smoaky has going for them is when you return to a topic you've already reviewed, it will automatically take you back to the spot in the thread where you last left off reading. It makes going in and out very convenient. 

But for the most part their mods are quick to ban. 

59 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Best thing Smoaky has going for them is when you return to a topic you've already reviewed, it will automatically take you back to the spot in the thread where you last left off reading. It makes going in and out very convenient. 

I believe we can do that here. I'll get our tech guy on it.

59 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

How many need to be on here regularly before we would be able to coax you out of retirement to run this thing again!!??

As you can see I haven't left completely. Was asked to hang around a little and I will be keeping up the basketball forum for sure. Had several local basketball coaches ask me to do it.

I have all the confidence in the guys who are taking over some of the roles that Grad and I used to do here. In due time I will be no longer needed and can really retire from here. I am enjoying the lesser responsibilities. More beach time for me.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe we can do that here. I'll get our tech guy on it.

We can.

Click the 3 bars on top right

Account, account settings, settings area, content view behavior.

Then chose

• When opening content...
    • Take me to comments I haven't read
    • Take me to the beginning
    • Take me to the latest comment
Edited by WOSdrummer99