Aldine ISD to take man's home for parking lot

33 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Asking a 78 year old to uproot and leave a very long term family home is a real big deal. They have a point, Aldine football never comes close to filling up stands. I hope he stands his grounds, OR, they make him an offer that includes an all expense paid moving crew and 2X his homes value.   

I agree. Looks like well over an acre of green space around the stadium that could be used as parking.

But once again this is a reminder that no1 owns their own land. Simply renting it from the government. The same govt that's suppose to be for the people. OK I'm climbing down off my soap box for now. I'll be looking for an update to this story later. 

Buyer beware... don't buy property near a school zone.

35 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I agree. Looks like well over an acre of green space around the stadium that could be used as parking.

But once again this is a reminder that no1 owns their own land. Simply renting it from the government. The same govt that's suppose to be for the people. OK I'm climbing down off my soap box for now. I'll be looking for an update to this story later. 

Sad ordeal.. but I agree I hope they pay him so much that he won’t need to move anything he can leave everything behind. Lol

12 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Unfortunately he's going to lose that battle once a government entity has its sight set on your property its all over...my advice to this homeowner is go to court armed with numbers so they can give you fair and just compensation because that first offer is always low (hence the reason he rejected it)

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Unfortunately he's going to lose that battle once a government entity has its sight set on your property its all over...my advice to this homeowner is go to court armed with numbers so they can give you fair and just compensation because that first offer is always low (hence the reason he rejected it)

I'd offer what the Appraisal District says it's worth... that number is too high according to everybody on the internet.  

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Aldine has revoked their decision to acquire this land. I can't wait to see the stadium though. Passing buy M.O.Campbell daily I can see that this will be a grand venue when it is finished. 

Tens of Millions will be spent by Aldine ISD for empty bleachers that will never be sat in. Ever.   

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Maybe. Maybe not. The old stadium had some issues. Most all schools are updating stadiums and school classrooms now a days. 

I am not disputing a thing, nor do I care what  Aldine does. I am just stating what their own people are saying, that Aldine ISD never comes close to filling the stadium. Its mostly empty every Friday night. People can't understand the need to build something that large and take the old guy's property in the process for unused parking spaces.  

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I am not disputing a thing, nor do I care what  Aldine does. I am just stating what their own people are saying, that Aldine ISD never comes close to filling the stadium. Its mostly empty every Friday night. People can't understand the need to build something that large and take the old guy's property in the process for unused parking spaces.  

Rent it out for playoffs. We used to play at Aldine alot before Texan Drive or whatever they call it now.

A few might still happen there but its definitely lost favor for playoffs. Texan Drive, Sheldon ISD, Woodforest, Cy Fair FCU etc. are all much better choices in much better places. I cannot see Aldine ever being a destination stadium no matter how nice the new one is. The neighborhood around it is the problem. A few random rentals or soccer games will never compensate Aldine for what they are putting out on it.

4 hours ago, Old Ape said:

Buy him a place on lake Conroe. Aldine is a dump!!!

They need to Put parking lots across the whole district and make all those scrubs move. 

In all seriousness didnt no one in the whole planning committee see this coming?? What a bad public look.

His argument is that he wants to die while residing in the property which has been in his family for decades. He doesn’t want another place.