SETX 3AD1 2023 Season

89Falcon

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

I keep hearing from everyone in the know saying Woodville will be better this year and the next 3 than last year. I guess my eye for spotting talent is fading. I hear we do have a freshman Quarterback that will make a name for himself this year.

I thought your starting QB was a jr. last year. 

15 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I think he is actually better at WR. Was playing QB to fill a need… I could be wrong though.

That's correct. He could probably play just about any position with his size, athleticism, and football IQ though. The upcoming freshman QB is very talented and hopefully he's ready to play at the varsity level. Seems like he and his JH team had a difficult time adjusting to a tougher district between his 7th and 8th grade year. It'll be a even bigger adjustment moving up to varsity. 

19 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Interesting note. Anahuac’s 23-24 roster shows Brady Barrier- sophomore  QB 6’1” 187#.  

He may be on the roster, but I assure you he's taller than me and I am 6'2

Maybe the Barrier's thought it would be best to stay at AP ?

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

The limit for Rusk is when they meet Carthage.

Seriously, I know... I was just trying to be kind. Last year Rusk was fourth place, 3-3 in their district, lost 49-0 to Carthage, and lost out in first round to Gilmer 25-7. With or without him, I doubt Rusk will even win District once in the next 3 years. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Personally I just don't see the point of going to a fourth place 4A Rusk, but I respect their decisions. We talk from a football perspective, and that fine, but as for life and career decisions they know whats best for them. I will always respect that.   

18 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Seriously, I know... I was just trying to be kind. Last year Rusk was fourth place, 3-3 in their district, lost 49-0 to Carthage, and lost out in first round to Gilmer 25-7. With or without him, I doubt Rusk will even win District once in the next 3 years. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Personally I just don't see the point of going to a fourth place 4A Rusk, but I respect their decisions. We talk from a football perspective, and that fine, but as for life and career decisions they know whats best for them. I will always respect that.   

Brady is featured on the site called QBhitlist. I think he made a mistake leaving a good system at Anahuac. Coach Greg is one of the most talented and likable person I have known.  Anahuac will move on. 

18 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

You think losing to Carthage 49-0 and "not winning district" in the district with Carthage is an indictment on Rusk? Wimberly was beat the same way in the state championship by Carthage and they were better than any team in this region. Carthage will be 64-0 after the next 3 years are complete and they will be the preeminent program in the history of high school football. 

Rusk just sent out consecutive D1 QBs and has been one of the more prolific offenses in the region for the last few years. Rusk also has a strong group coming up from the lower grades. Rusk is a great place for him to flourish. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

You think losing to Carthage 49-0 and "not winning district" in the district with Carthage is an indictment on Rusk? Wimberly was beat the same way in the state championship by Carthage and they were better than any team in this region. Carthage will be 64-0 after the next 3 years are complete and they will be the preeminent program in the history of high school football. 

Rusk just sent out consecutive D1 QBs and has been one of the more prolific offenses in the region for the last few years. Rusk also has a strong group coming up from the lower grades. Rusk is a great place for him to flourish. 

Looks like Carthage has a good coach that can develop his players into what he needs to win Titles.  

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Looks like Carthage has a good coach that can develop his players into what he needs to win Titles.  

Yep, many of them move in already “developed” from other programs. Regardless, he is going down as the greatest coach that ever stepped on a football field in Texas. Do you believe that Suratt is the metric for judging good coaches?