Road to Omaha 2023

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wow lol

Holy smokes.  I couldn’t get the game where I am so was watching game cast on phone.  Just showed a single.  Saw the replay earlier.  Hate we lost but feel awful for Campbell.  That kind of thing will mess with your head for a while. 

46 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Holy smokes.  I couldn’t get the game where I am so was watching game cast on phone.  Just showed a single.  Saw the replay earlier.  Hate we lost but feel awful for Campbell.  That kind of thing will mess with your head for a while. 

Hey go read what I said on Facebook lol. I was referring to you. 😁😎

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Supposedly the lighting is terrible at that park - A&M lost a couple pop-ups during their regional at Stanford too.

11 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

What a fun CWS this year!  Great game after great game.  Hoping for a 3 game finale and don't care who wins.  Just keep playing great baseball. 

Yes. Yes  yes 

very good games

I’m hoping for 3 games and paul skenes to come back on 4 days rest and pitch a shut out.

4 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Yes. Yes  yes 

very good games

I’m hoping for 3 games and paul skenes to come back on 4 days rest and pitch a shut out.

Sadly he will only be on 3 days rest come Monday.  Not sure if he will be called on the rest of the CWS.  Maybe a relief appearance, but even that might not occur. 

He has been beyond impressive. 

7 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Sadly he will only be on 3 days rest come Monday.  Not sure if he will be called on the rest of the CWS.  Maybe a relief appearance, but even that might not occur. 

He has been beyond impressive. 

Yep I was wrong 3 days rest.  

very impressive with how effortlessly he throws that fast 

3 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

No!  We "need" a 3 game series for more drama.  10 games decided by 1 or 2 runs thus far and not a single blowout in the 14 games played.  If there was ever a year to have made a trip to Omaha, this is the one. 

Hopefully that in bold changes today in LSU's favor. Good luck to em.🤞🏾

Just now, 5GallonBucket said:

Adding UT to the sec

this may be a common occurrence 

It will assist in making it stronger, but SEC baseball is doing just fine without them at present.  What the SEC has done in baseball over the past few decades has been tremendous.

Maybe not a year in and year out powerhouse, but Oklahoma added to the mix isn't just some run of the mill program either.  The rich get richer with the addition of these 2.  

Living in Central Texas would be fun during the college baseball season. College Station or Austin for 10 or so weekends of good SEC baseball would be awesome.  Could even catch a series at Texas State if the 2 big boys or on road trips. 

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That certainly helps but if I heard correctly on the broadcast last night, the last 15 seasons has had at least one SEC school playing for the national championship. Pretty common already.

But it’s like adding Kentucky to the ACC or Big 12 in basketball or Ohio St to the SEC in football.  No matter how good the league is, those additions significantly move the needle.  Except in basketball, you have Kentucky, Kansas, UNC and Duke and then everyone else. In baseball, USC obviously have the most titles but in the last 30-40 years, it’s Texas and LSU and then everyone else (in terms of nosebleed blue bloods).