Orangefield 52 Buna 51/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Orangefield 52 Buna 51/FINAL
1 minute ago, KF89 said:

DAGHOST makes it hard on all opponents.👻 

Didn’t have anything to do with him. Buna tied the game at 51 with a couple seconds left, clock is running, and the official calls a touch foul on the in bounds with .09 seconds left to give OF free throws. An official should never be the deciding factor in a basketball game. It should’ve went to OT and let the kids sort it out. 

49 minutes ago, gogo1734 said:

Didn’t have anything to do with him. Buna tied the game at 51 with a couple seconds left, clock is running, and the official calls a touch foul on the in bounds with .09 seconds left to give OF free throws. An official should never be the deciding factor in a basketball game. It should’ve went to OT and let the kids sort it out. 

It’s either a foul or it’s not. Time on the clock has nothing to do with the call. I’ve never understood the argument that “you don’t call that foul at that time “. Tough way to lose for sure. 

With the Indians being in Crosby tonight I got to take this one in as I have family in Buna. There were 3 tough calls down the stretch with 2 of them going the cougars way. I'm not sure the Cougars led very much in this one, Connell hit a huge shot to tie the game but the play that happened afterward was absolutely a foul. The cougars are solid, and have nothing to hang their heads about. 

2 hours ago, gogo1734 said:

I saw video of that last play. That was no "touch" foul. The Buna player completely displaced the Orangefield player on the inbounds play. I don't know how the game was called (tight or loose) but that was definitely a foul and was correctly called.

Even the Buna player knew he had screwed up and was over aggressive going for the ball.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I saw video of that last play. That was no "touch" foul. The Buna player completely displaced the Orangefield player on the inbounds play. I don't know how the game was called (tight or loose) but that was definitely a foul and was correctly called.

Even the Buna player knew he had screwed up and was over aggressive going for the ball.

This is absolutely true. I commented off of what I heard instead of what I saw. I saw it this morning. Aggie is correct.