Bring the County!!

Stattrax

I have tried to explain a million times. It’s not arrogance, cockiness, or disrespect. It’s simply SWAG. I started out my school days on an election year. The teachers gave us a choice to be republican, democrat, or independent. I chose Independent simply because it allowed me to wear an I on my shirt all day, of course it was crayoned purple. It’s said we are taught Cherokee day 1. That’s actually a myth, we all knew it by heart before the alphabet. Most will never understand, I have even heard of us being called the “The Purple Cult”… once again, it’s just misunderstood. Ironically, our rivals understand it the best. That’s why you see all of mid county supporting our games. I grew up in the 80s, hearing about the 70s, in a time we were led by a great guy, just not a good coach. That all changed in 89. In came Danny Malone. And he brought that SWAG back, Burnett carried it on, Fairclothe carried the torch, now Joseph continues the tradition. So what started out as playing football at recess, dreaming of being an Indian, ends with a shot at a SC this Friday. We are no longer a powerhouse, we are not a place people want to move or transfer to, we are just PNG Indians. Not the biggest, fastest, or strongest. Just a team playing with heart and support. These kids are dogs, they come to play and don’t quit. Always the underdog, yet playing week 16. A proud community, wanting a SC and that attendance record back. So for all of you who don’t understand us, we don’t expect you too. But we will say this, come be part of the family Friday night. You won’t regret the experience. A big joke on this board is ATMOSPHERE…. Come be part of it Friday, and make history. You won’t regret it. No matter what team or color you represent or bleed, we are one big ole family this Friday. Peace…. love….. 

14 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I have tried to explain a million times. It’s not arrogance, cockiness, or disrespect. It’s simply SWAG. I started out my school days on an election year. The teachers gave us a choice to be republican, democrat, or independent. I chose Independent simply because it allowed me to wear an I on my shirt all day, of course it was crayoned purple. It’s said we are taught Cherokee day 1. That’s actually a myth, we all knew it by heart before the alphabet. Most will never understand, I have even heard of us being called the “The Purple Cult”… once again, it’s just misunderstood. Ironically, our rivals understand it the best. That’s why you see all of mid county supporting our games. I grew up in the 80s, hearing about the 70s, in a time we were led by a great guy, just not a good coach. That all changed in 89. In came Danny Malone. And he brought that SWAG back, Burnett carried it on, Fairclothe carried the torch, now Joseph continues the tradition. So what started out as playing football at recess, dreaming of being an Indian, ends with a shot at a SC this Friday. We are no longer a powerhouse, we are not a place people want to move or transfer to, we are just PNG Indians. Not the biggest, fastest, or strongest. Just a team playing with heart and support. These kids are dogs, they come to play and don’t quit. Always the underdog, yet playing week 16. A proud community, wanting a SC and that attendance record back. So for all of you who don’t understand us, we don’t expect you too. But we will say this, come be part of the family Friday night. You won’t regret the experience. A big joke on this board is ATMOSPHERE…. Come be part of it Friday, and make history. You won’t regret it. No matter what team or color you represent or bleed, we are one big ole family this Friday. Peace…. love….. 

True story… I took my kid to kindergarten round-up at Van Buren in Groves and they handed each of the kids a purple/white feather headband and then asked them all if they wanted to be an Indian or a Bulldog.  

There was a right and a wrong answer. These were pre-k kids.