Crosby vs Longview

Cougar14.2

6 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

What is different about LV than the other #1 seeds? They are the only #1 seed that is ranked #1 in the state in 5AD1. Report back after the game and let us know how they look. Let us know if they resemble FBM or what "caliber athletes" they have. 

So what? BH was the #4 seed last year and knocked off state ranked #1 FB Marshall in Fort Bend. FBM had a 6’3” 5 star receiver who’s now at A&M and another 6’3” receiver who signed FBS somewhere. Their d-ends are currently committed to TCU and Baylor, their middle linebacker is committed to Arkansas State, one of their corners is committed to UH now and they have another DB with P5 offers. They had all those kids last year when BH beat them too. Their football players also won another team state track and field title last year. As I continue to say though, it doesn’t mean we won’t go up there and lose by 30. You usually get to 6A-D1 level before you really top FBS athletes like that. 

P.S. - Something old 14.2 would post to add substance to his point that new 14.2 just leaves alone.

LV and FB Marshall are both basically all black as far as the football product on the field. I see #99 and the kicker for LV who aren’t. Assuming that those other kids are who you select your starting 22 from, in 2018 which is the last year I see stats for, LV had like 715 of those kids while FBM had 895. Meaning it’s no surprise that they have more prospects than LV even though they have a smaller overall enrollment. 

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree. The material is a bit old and stagnant.

I think he just thought it was something else before the video? Now he’s gone to the “it’s irrelevant” mode which is doubly odd since he’s post it numerous threads throughout the year, not just Crosby threads. I would think grown men are above continuously trolling for likes but I do see it pretty often on the college message boards between the students. 

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So what? BH was the #4 seed last year and knocked off state ranked #1 FB Marshall in Fort Bend. FBM had a 6’3” 5 star receiver who’s now at A&M and another 6’3” receiver who signed FBS somewhere. Their d-ends are currently committed to TCU and Baylor, their middle linebacker is committed to Arkansas State, one of their corners is committed to UH now and they have another DB with P5 offers. They had all those kids last year when BH beat them too. Their football players also won another team state track and field title last year. As I continue to say though, it doesn’t mean we won’t go up there and lose by 30. You usually get to 6A-D1 level before you really top FBS athletes like that. 

P.S. - Something old 14.2 would post to add substance to his point that new 14.2 just leaves alone.

LV and FB Marshall are both basically all black as far as the football product on the field. I see #99 and the kicker for LV who aren’t. Assuming that those other kids are who you select your starting 22 from, in 2018 which is the last year I see stats for, LV had like 715 of those kids while FBM had 895. Meaning it’s no surprise that they have more prospects than LV even though they have a smaller overall enrollment. 

LV had 715 and FBM had 895 of what "kids"?

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think he just thought it was something else before the video? Now he’s gone to the “it’s irrelevant” mode which is doubly odd since he’s post it numerous threads throughout the year, not just Crosby threads. I would think grown men are above continuously trolling for likes but I do see it pretty often on the college message boards between the students. 

Dude your statement was that of a 7 year old but please keep pontificating. 

33 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Longview by 24

Yeah, feels very 41-17-ish if we can’t go execute. Four hour bus ride into a cold, rainy and hostile environment. It has all the makings. Luckily we’ve executed decently recently so maybe that makes the long bus ride with us.

I think the assumption is that Crosby is going to give up a bunch of points because we did to La Porte but any Crosby fans know that those running offenses like Vidor, Elgin, Liberty Hill, La Porte, Jasper, etc. The only tight run offenses we’ve ever had any success against the last decade have been Angleton and Port Lavaca. LV is multiple with pro and spread offense so it’s something Crosby is better at defending. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Before I lose my religion, what exactly does this have to do with ANYTHING? 

9 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

Before I lose my religion, what exactly does this have to do with ANYTHING? 

Another poster made the comment about FB Marshall not having the same “caliber” of athletes as LV. I gave him the statistical reason that wasn’t true by pointing out that 90+% of LV’s football team comes from one demographic while 100% of FBM’s do and that FBM produces more FBS talent on average out of that demographic. Meaning his assumption on athletic quality was a fallacy. 

Don’t lose your religion. You’re new here, me using statistics to explain stuff to people is something that been going on for a decade here. 

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Another poster made the comment about FB Marshall not having the same “caliber” of athletes as LV. I gave him the statistical reason that wasn’t true by pointing out that 90+% of LV’s football team comes from one demographic while 100% of FBM’s do and that FBM produces more FBS talent on average out of that demographic. Meaning his assumption on athletic quality was a fallacy. 

Don’t lose your religion. You’re new here, me using statistics to explain stuff to people is something that been going on for a decade here. 

What does "one demographic" and "that demographic" have to do with "caliber of athletes"? or What does "one demographic" have to do with "FBS talent"?

Are you "Jimmy the Greek"?

31 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

What did you mean by "those kids"? You said it. Are you "using statistics to explain stuff"? Which statistics are you using? 

Fort Bend Marshall has close to 200 more black kids than LV does and since that’s where, judging from both of their starting 22’s, they select the vast majority of those starters from you’re completely wrong to think that FBM doesn’t have the same caliber athletes as they do. They literally dominate 5A track and field at the state level.

None of that has anything to do with how well they play or how well coached they are but as far as who gets to sign in the fall there’s a statistical correlation unless the kids you coach live in million dollar houses. 

39 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

What does "one demographic" and "that demographic" have to do with "caliber of athletes"? or What does "one demographic" have to do with "FBS talent"?

Are you "Jimmy the Greek"?

It’s generally agreed that the SEC is the best conference in the country due to them have the best collections of players in the country. This past recruiting cycle 84% of of their signees came from a demographic that only makes up 13.5% of the US population, so that’s what the demographics have to do with FBS talent production.

I used the SEC as an example only because off the top of my head I know Devon Achane, Barton Clement, Chris Marshall and Avery Helm from FBM are all currently at SEC schools while LV’s top receiver is committed to Alabama. LV’s running back has around 25 offers and may sign with an SEC school too. Not a coincidence those SEC schools recruit the same Texas high schools every year. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Still going to be a daunting task to block #99 and #45

Crosby will have to block all 4 up front.

(45) JJ Rougley (Longview career sack leader) - 8 sacks (led the district), 11 TFL

(99) Billy Smith - 7.5 sacks, 9 TFL

(96) Omarion Watkins -  3 sacks, 13 TFL (led the district)

(55) Xaryus Sheppard (Lancaster couldn't block this dude) -  7.5 sacks, 11 TFL

They're all dangerous, as you can see.

Longview has a 5th DL Wright (65) with an additional 4 sacks, 10 TFL.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, kingwolf1 said:

If Crosby turns this into a shootout, then our district and schedule is garbage.

LV and Lancaster are better than the teams in our district but next best four teams are probably all in our district. From all the film I’ve watched MN is probably about as good as Baytown Lee. 

10 minutes ago, WP4L said:

Crosby will have to block all 4 up front.

(45) JJ Rougley (Longview career sack leader) - 8 sacks (led the district), 11 TFL

(99) Billy Smith - 7.5 sacks, 9 TFL

(96) Omarion Watkins -  3 sacks, 13 TFL (led the district)

(55) Xaryus Sheppard (Lancaster couldn't block this dude) -  7.5 sacks, 11 TFL

They're all dangerous, as you can see.

Longview has a 5th DL Wright (65) with an additional 4 sacks, 10 TFL.

Yeah, but it’s not 

Dylan Spencer - Texas 

Kam Bizor - Colorado 

Jo’Laison Landry - Utah 

Or 6’1” 300lb K’mard Kimble who will also have FBS offers after this year like we saw at CE King. I don’t think we’ll be destroyed at the LOS like we were by those kids. 

Those are good numbers for the LV kids but Crosby’s two edge players last year, Tyler Cooper and McCoy Casey, had something like 36 sacks just between those two so it’s not really anything that jumps off the page. The talent LV has on the defensive line is pretty similar to PA Memorial, it’s LV’s scheme that’s tough to beat. 

11 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

But I thought CE King was the next North Shore!!

They finished with the same overall record and in the same place in their district once they had to play other schools with 3k+ kids. Beating Crosby gets exaggerated on here at times. 

The schools do have very similar athletes, their attendance zones are literally across the street from each other, but North Shore has over 1k more kids than CE King does and also has a better coach. King won’t take the next step until they do something about their offense which is why their starting QB from last year, Nemiah Glover, transferred to New Caney and now has them 10-0 going into the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, but it’s not 

Dylan Spencer - Texas 

Kam Bizor - Colorado 

Jo’Laison Landry - Utah 

Or 6’1” 300lb K’mard Kimble who will also have FBS offers after this year like we saw at CE King. I don’t think we’ll be destroyed at the LOS like we were by those kids. 

Those are good numbers for the LV kids but Crosby’s two edge players last year, Tyler Cooper and McCoy Casey, had something like 36 sacks just between those two so it’s not really anything that jumps off the page. The talent LV has on the defensive line is pretty similar to PA Memorial, it’s LV’s scheme that’s tough to beat. 

Longview's DL numbers are actually great, especially considering those 4 average like 2.5 quarters a game in playing time.

No DL in 5ADI has gotten to the QB or in the backfield this season as much as LV has. 

Only 4 in 6A have and no....CE King is not one of them. 

PAM is nothing like Longview.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:24 AM, aledoalumni said:

Crosby, this is coming your way!

This is the hidden content, please

*EDIT: Crosby yall are going to LV for this!!

You should see the film of the sophomore running back that has led Lake Creek to a 10-0 season. He’s sitting on nearly 2k yards heading into the playoffs. Much like Lake Creek LV uses that running game to try to hit big play-action passes. 

What worries me is that they run those play-action passes from under center like Carthage did to us and we continuously got lost. Carthage had 0 total rushing yards that game and we were still bitting on those fakes because we couldn’t figure out assignments. Hopefully we don’t have similar assignment breakdowns 

36 minutes ago, WP4L said:

Longview's DL numbers are actually great, especially considering those 4 average like 2.5 quarters a game in playing time.

No DL in 5ADI has gotten to the QB or in the backfield this season as much as LV has. 

Only 4 in 6A have and no....CE King is not one of them. 

PAM is nothing like Longview.

IDK, was looking and didn’t see a recent 4 star LV has produced on the DL like PAM has in Jordan Thomas? Y’all are very good but I honestly hope you aren’t comparing LV’s defensive line to the four power 5 kids on CE King’s. They don’t have LV’s numbers because they’ve had to play Allen, North Shore, Summer Creek and Atascocita. LV wouldn’t have near the numbers they do now if they played those teams either. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If Crosby can’t manufacture some type of running game we’re probably going to lose pretty substantially. I think we’re going to have to run for ~ 200 yards and have right around 400 yards total unless we get a couple of turnovers we can capitalize on. 

With the offensive line being what it is, I think the only way we can hope to run it with any effectiveness is to be successful in the screen game and cause LV to have to commit more players to the perimeter which gets them out of the box. Lancaster was pretty successful in the quick passing game and the sophomore QB looked good when he had to run it against the LV defense. Myles has also looked a lot better since our receivers have gotten healthy and some personnel changes made up front. Still going to be a daunting task to block #99 and #45

Mobile quarterbacks tend to give us fits. They have for years for some reason. but with that being said, i don’t even think we’ve allowed 100 rushing yards in a game this season. If Crosby can muster 200 on us, they deserve to win it.