Friendswood's Robert Koopman Retires

Justafan72

Before last night's game with Magnolia West,Head Coach Robert Koopman announced he would end his 29 years of coaching  the Mustangs.After watching Friendswood the last six years,I noticed two very important things,these kids are prepared to play and they would give it their All . Although victory was not always in the cards, Friendswood players could leave the field with their heads held high.Last years team defeated Port Arthur Memorial the last game of the season to hand the Mustangs a District Crown.A Bunch of Over Achievers led by Koopman played a great game.This years team, after losing both their offensive and defensive lines and a very productive Running back ALWAYS played for Koop ! I hope the community finds the next Koop to lead the Mustangs. 

Having encountered FW on many occasions via baseball, softball, VB etc, they are an easy school to support. They have some of the nicest, classiest fans I have ever encountered. They do things right. I hope they find an outstanding coach to fill the shoes. FW always played football with great preparation and effort, and I am sure the right guy will be found to continue it.