Newton vs Trinity

EAGLEFOREVER

Newton vs Trinity  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 hours ago, Eagles26 said:

Definitely open up the play book a little more. What is the main reason we can't get a field goal kicker? 

How much more of the playbook you want opened up exactly?? They have been throwing and running so much new stuff every week. Do you even come to the games? Kickers are overrated go for 2 every time you get Atleast half of them it’s like making all extra points. 

10 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

How much more of the playbook you want opened up exactly?? They have been throwing and running so much new stuff every week. Do you even come to the games? Kickers are overrated go for 2 every time you get Atleast half of them it’s like making all extra points. 

Kickers are overrated , ( What ) If Newton had a field goal kicker, I kinda think they would have kicked a field goal at the end of the Woodville game for the win. If Field goal kickers are so overrated, why do all colleges,pro's and most high schools have one/ maybe they want to win close games. My reasoning is you need them to win against good teams JMO

1 hour ago, jimmyw said:

Kickers are overrated , ( What ) If Newton had a field goal kicker, I kinda think they would have kicked a field goal at the end of the Woodville game for the win. If Field goal kickers are so overrated, why do all colleges,pro's and most high schools have one/ maybe they want to win close games. My reasoning is you need them to win against good teams JMO

I agree Every good team needs a field goal kicker. Newton should be taking advantage of practicing field goals on games they know are going to be blowouts. Say it’s tied 20 to 20 in a playoff game. 2 seconds left in the game and your on the 15 yard line against a solid defense. If you have a field goal kicker your odds of winning just went up.

That was the point I was eluding to. I love my Newton Eagles. But when we get deep in playoffs and play really good teams, we get predictable at times, and when we play those good defenses, we need more options. Kicking is part of the game. And like Jimmy said, if we had a field goal kicker, we may have won the Woodville game. We definitely need to put more emphasis on that part of the game. With that being said our defense is very stout, and like they say defense wins championships. 

I'm not sure why it's assumed we can't kick extra points or field goals if needed. Jerry Smith (our kicker) is 4 for 4 on extra point attempts. I agree we could have won the Woodville game with a field goal but at the end of the day it was a non district game. I believe losing to Woodville lit a fire that only a loss can. 

7 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

I'm not sure why it's assumed we can't kick extra points or field goals if needed. Jerry Smith (our kicker) is 4 for 4 on extra point attempts. I agree we could have won the Woodville game with a field goal but at the end of the day it was a non district game. I believe losing to Woodville lit a fire that only a loss can. 

Watched our kicker before woodville game and he must to have tried 25 attempts and only 1 was good.

Ranked team in region 3 and 4 that no.3 Newton might face to get to state.

Daingerfield no.4                                          

W Rusk no.6               

Poth no. 7

lexington no. 9

also Dekalb and Waskom who have dropped out of the top 10.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:59 PM, purpleeagle said:

Have exchange student but ineligible for varsity.

Last time we had 2 exchange students and we must have kicked extra points and field goals without any pressure because it showed  non-competitive kicking in practice makes good soccer players look scared and unreliable. Remember, it wasn't that long ago when this happened.!