Newton (34) @ Hemphill (0) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, October 7, 2022 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Hemphill - 3A-12-2
Record: District Wins: 2, Overall Wins: 5, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Newton- 3A-12-2
Record: District Wins: 2, Overall Wins: 4, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

Live Broadcast

This was a closer game than the score indicated.  Newton is definitely a powerhouse  and should be favored to win the region, but I don't think Hemphill has anything to be ashamed of.  Hemphill came close to scoring twice and Newton scored twice early in the game on flea flickers.  Great job Newton, I promise you that ALL of the Hornets will be pulling for the Eagles every game throughout the playoffs.  Nobody, and I mean NOBODY respects Newton more than Hemphills AD Tod Stark.  Heck, his father in law is Coach Thompson.  Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the season.

37 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Good luck to Hemphill. I think you will have your hands full with New Waverley. Watching the jr. high and JV game Thursday with Hemphill and Newton, it does not look good in the near future for Hemphill. This is where future teams are developed. 

Calprep has Hemphill over. New Waverley 31/28. This could change if they have not updated the Newton score.

On 10/7/2022 at 9:24 PM, UncleSi said:

This was a closer game than the score indicated.  Newton is definitely a powerhouse  and should be favored to win the region, but I don't think Hemphill has anything to be ashamed of.  Hemphill came close to scoring twice and Newton scored twice early in the game on flea flickers.  Great job Newton, I promise you that ALL of the Hornets will be pulling for the Eagles every game throughout the playoffs.  Nobody, and I mean NOBODY respects Newton more than Hemphills AD Tod Stark.  Heck, his father in law is Coach Thompson.  Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the season.

This game was not closer than the score indicated apparently you weren’t there. Newton dominated this game. Hemphill couldn’t move the ball on the Eagles defense 

3 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

This game was not closer than the score indicated apparently you weren’t there. Newton dominated this game. Hemphill couldn’t move the ball on the Eagles defense 

I was at the game and Newtons defense totally shut are offense down I agree. I thought are defense played well though. All but getting burnt on two big pass plays. Newton just out played us. Hopefully we can get things together an bounce back next week. 

Newton’s problem is penalties . First and 25 or first and 35. Mostly because of the rule that you cannot block below the waist outside the tackles. A lineman lunges to block up above the waist and the defensive player steps back and gets blocked below the waist and that’s a 15 yard penalty.  

14 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

I understand that you have your opinion as do I.  Big plays with some trickery cost Hemphill.  Newton did not sustain long drives as I thought they would.  Please don't let my comments and opinion offend you.  I like Newton and will be supporting them through the playoffs.....  I was just making a generalize comment relating to the fact that outside of the turnovers amd trick plays that this was a closer (closer being the key word) game than the score indicated.  Newton is awesome, my comment wasn't directed at Newton.  It was directed at Hemphill, it's players, and fans.  I was attempting to be encouraging to those folks.  I'd hate to see 1 defeat, to a superior team, deflate momentum and defuse enthusiasm.......  sorry if you took that any other way.