Guest Orangeboy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

How about Coach Brevel over at PNG

Brevel is good one.

It's a tough call with so many solid 1st base coaches in the area. Moore @ BC, Stephenson @LCM, Spell @Nederland and Lindstrom over at HF. They all can hit fungo with the best.

I would have to go with Stephenson over at LCM. Not only does he protect Coach Griff from blue, he has to fend off his own crowd when they disagree with a coaches call. I found a pic of Coach Stephenson when his own fans thought he should have sent a man to second instead of holding him up.

basecoachmh7.jpg

Guest Orangeboy

Brevel is good one.

It's a tough call with so many solid 1st base coaches in the area. Moore @ BC, Stephenson @LCM, Spell @Nederland and Lindstrom over at HF. They all can hit fungo with the best.

I would have to go with Stephenson over at LCM. Not only does he protect Coach Griff from blue, he has to fend off his own crowd when they disagree with a coaches call. I found a pic of Coach Stephenson when his own fans thought he should have sent a man to second instead of holding him up.

basecoachmh7.jpg

That was last years LCM-Nederland game right? ;D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest BCNatureBoy

Two of the best squaring off tonight in the HJ-Silsbee game in Vansa and Humplik. Their contributions could push their teams into the playoffs.

Guest Orangeboy

You can't overlook Coach "Humby" Humberson for the Pirates.  He single handedly help turn the Vidor-PNG game around.  If you don't believe me, go check out the video.  He is ALL OVER the ump about the PNG 1B coming off of the bag!!! 

Where is the video at?

Humplik is the clear winner!

Video footage proves it.  This video was in 1983, Humplik's rookie year as a first base coach.  During this year an event happened that caused him to be the tough son of a gun he is today!

He can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!!!

Sorry guys.....  I have news from austin that the UIL and the Regional Committee presented the award this morning for "First Base Coach of the Year".  The award went to Humplik who edged out D. Vansa from Silsbee.  Committee members felt that Humplik;s "back" call and numerous catch phrases like "ata boy" and "yesss  sirrr!" put him over the top.  The KFDM news footage was enough to sway the remaining committe members.

There is a picture from the awards ceremony....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder