Best firstbase coach???

Guest Orangeboy

Guest Orangeboy

I have 2 guys that make pretty good firstbase coaches. These guys sure know how to yell BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!! and can get in an umpire's grill when necessary. 

Dennis Vansa - Silsbee

Mark Humplik- Hardin Jefferson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bulldog

I have 2 guys that make pretty good firstbase coaches. These guys sure know how to yell BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!! and can get in an umpire's grill when necessary. 

Dennis Vansa - Silsbee

Mark Humplick- Hardin Jefferson

Chris Moore-Bridge City should be added to this list..........

Is his name really     "hump"lick".

No wonder he is tough.  Probably got picked on allot growing up.

If he's going to be nominated for something on this site we could at least spell his name right.  Let me clear this up, his name is Humplik.  H-U-M-P-L-I-K, there's no C. 

Guest Orangeboy

If he's going to be nominated for something on this site we could at least spell his name right.  Let me clear this up, his name is Humplik.  H-U-M-P-L-I-K, there's no C. 

That's what I originally had but I figured those HJ guys knew how to spell it. It has been corrected. Sorry Coach Humplik. ;D

Currently, Las Vegas has Humplik at 3-2 odds over Vansa. 

Cited as reasons for the better ranking was Coach Humplik has a stronger list of catch phrases like "Atta Boy!" and the ever popular YESSS  SIRRRR!!!!!

The race for 1st base coach of the year should be tight, but early on, it looks like Humplik has the edge.

Guest Orangeboy

Rumor has it Vansa and Humplik are going to have BAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK yelling contest this weekend, time and date TBA

Hooters would be a great place for this contest, to see if they could do it with distractions.

Guest coachhooker

Hooters would be a great place for this contest, to see if they could do it with distractions.

can we get conframtion from these two on a time and date please

Here's a little something that I managed to dig up on these two coaches:  Coach Humplik and Coach Vansa were High School teammates in Cameron, Texas. (Cameron Yoemen)  They were also college roommates at Sam Houston State.  Sounds like  quite a friendly rivarly building for this baseball season.

Guest Orangeboy

Here's a little something that I managed to dig up on these two coaches:  Coach Humplik and Coach Vansa were High School teammates in Cameron, Texas. (Cameron Yoemen)  They were also college roommates at Sam Houston State.  Sounds like a quite a friendly rivarly building for this baseball season.

So they were both men in tights hey, not much has changed. ;D

Guest Orangeboy

are we really debating who is the best first base coach?? how hard exactly is it to pay attention and yell back???

I would think there is a lot more to it than that. They also slap the kid on the butt or give them a little fist pump. They can also become quite a coat rack holding all those batting gloves. Takes a lot of skill from what I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

On paper these two guys are totally equal. I think the choice is going to come down to which one can make the adjustment to the newly approved protective headgear for base coaches. Whoever can adjust to the added head weight and still be able to perform at a peak level will be the champion. Personally I have to go with Humplik. He has to have some pretty strong neck muscles to carry around that watermelon he has attached to his neck. A little extra weight won't make that much difference to him.

Guest Orangeboy

On paper these two guys are totally equal. I think the choice is going to come down to which one can make the adjustment to the newly approved protective headgear for base coaches. Whoever can adjust to the added head weight and still be able to perform at a peak level will be the champion. Personally I have to go with Humplik. He has to have some pretty strong neck muscles to carry around that watermelon he has attached to his neck. A little extra weight won't make that much difference to him.

;D :D ;D  Watermelon Head!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder