Best firstbase coach???

Guest Orangeboy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you cant go wrong with Biggio of ST. Thomas  ;D

...HAHA...even though Craig Biggio has been my favorite player since i was born...HE DOESN'T HOLD A CANDLE...to MARK HUMPLIK of HJ...the man is a first base coaching legend...i mean does BIGGIO have a magic WATER COOLER that produces Diet Mountain Dew's??? probly not...but HUMPLIK does!!!.....ha yes COACH HUMP is the 1st base coach of the year...his only real competition would be the great BOBBY ALLISON...and he has retired....hahah

Guest vinnyt

I def have to agree with Coach Humberson from Vidor. That guy def knows his stuff and when he gets on to an ump at first, he ALWAYS uses the sarcastic/makethemfeellikeanidiot technique. It's genius. He def doesnt have the history the Stephenson does at LCM but he is making some of his own and he is a big part of Vidor's 360 degree turnaround. Hats off to Humberson (and Green) to a job VERY well done and I sure hope these two stick together and stay at Vidor because district 22-4A is better than ever with it becoming a 4 horse race rather than LCM PNG and Ned just battling for playoff seedings every year. Keep up the great work guys and good luck in the playoffs for the second year in a row.

• 1 year later...
Guest Orangeboy

Here's a little something that I managed to dig up on these two coaches:  Coach Humplik and Coach Vansa were High School teammates in Cameron, Texas. (Cameron Yoemen)  They were also college roommates at Sam Houston State.  Sounds like  quite a friendly rivarly building for this baseball season.

I guess these 2 will have a Sumo competition for the job next year as Vansa moves to HJ.  ;D

Here's a little something that I managed to dig up on these two coaches:  Coach Humplik and Coach Vansa were High School teammates in Cameron, Texas. (Cameron Yoemen)  They were also college roommates at Sam Houston State.  Sounds like  quite a friendly rivarly building for this baseball season.

I guess these 2 will have a Sumo competition for the job next year as Vansa moves to HJ.  ;D

What is DV going to be doing at HJ? He's a quality coach and a great person.

I have read all of these post and it baffles me that nobody has once thought of the REAL DEAL. He is at WO-S, Coach Jimmy Hallman. Nobody even comes close to touching him or his abilities. This man owns that box and every thing that happens on or off the field. He moves with grace, style and attitude. Few people know what tangibles he brings to the game. He was a star in football, baseball, track and Believe it or not SOCCER. Yes I said Soccer. It is time to give this award hands down to Jimmy and end this debate.

• 6 months later...
Guest Orangeboy
Hall of fame firstbase coach, mark humplik now takes the reigns at hj. Dennis Vansa former Silsbee firstbase coach will fill in for Humplik. Best of luck coach.

Guest Orangeboy
Hallman is another one of the greats. Played against him in a summerball game onetime. He was playing first, I was the baserunner at first. Pitcher tries to pick me off, jimmy catches the ball picks me up and sets me upright on the bag. Funny dude!  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="CircleChange" post="282248" timestamp="1195152225"]
I have 2 guys that make pretty good firstbase coaches. These guys sure know how to yell BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!! and can get in an umpire's grill when necessary.  

Dennis Vansa - Silsbee
Mark Humplik- Hardin Jefferson
[/quote]
Humplik took over head coach at HJ!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder