BADSANTA

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• WOS
    • Silsbee

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, XX Man said:

You are right about the population moving away from Orange, even if they work here. They do not want their kids in WO schools. There is no diversity in the school, the athletics, the school board or the administration. West Orange has turned into another Wallace. First thing needs to happen is at least half the school board has to go. The superintendent has to go, and his lackey he brought in from Silsbee has to go. People need to show up on elections to the school board, to begin with. Let's get this done. Bring diversity back to West Orange and the whole community will profit. 

Back up just a lil bit. It's not Wallace. That was a whole nother problem in another time. We have moved passd that. This not a racial issue. This is a whats best for the kids issue.

I do agree it starts at the top. 

4 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Well, for those who only ride when winning is good smh. I won't abandon  the Stangs not now and not in Silsbee.  Mustangs4life be in or be OUT period!

Don't misunderstand me, as I am behind WO and want nothing but improvement. Decline starts from the top. We need new blood on the school board, a new superintendent and a new athletic director. 

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Back up just a lil bit. It's not Wallace. That was a whole nother problem in another time. We have moved passd that. This not a racial issue. This is a whats best for the kids issue.

I do agree it starts at the top. 

No, I am not racist, and I call it like I see it. Yes, we are a long way from Wallace, but that is where we are headed. Go to the schools and look at the kids. Not much diversity. Look at the school board, 1 white board member, look at the Superintendent and who he has brought in. Look at the schools ratings. After you do all that, you will be able to figure out why these people working higher paying jobs are not bringing their kids to West Orange-Cove Consolidated School District. 

6 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

It's all about football at wos !! They could care less about the other sports ! The baseball team went winless this past season !!

That has been a problem as too. Recently they spent money to rename the field though. But nothing to benefit the kids on the diamond. Other than a role model who's name they recognize.

It is my opinion, yea I know they all stink. That the admin wants to change the culture of WOS. Not so much emphasis on one sport. But also not so much emphasis on sports period. The new gym isn't for the basketball team to hang banners, if you know what I mean.

2 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Last time I looked there are sure a lot of folks working on chemical row. People from Orange are buying homes and new cars, maybe on your end things are not going well.

Few of the people working on Chemical Road are living in Orange. They are living in LCM, LC, OF, BC, Nederland, Beaumont, on and on. 

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Week 2 game was vs. Huffman

I also assumed we always had a scouting crew before to get a look at upcoming opponents.

An opportunity to catch a district game. Wonder how far out they're looking at Jasper, or BC for that matter. Or was the focus only on the overall favorite to win the district? Which is also his Alma mater that he needs to prove something to. Revenge for not getting that job when he applied.

I should probably stop before this gets carried away any farther. To be continued...

With the rise of Hudl, scouting isn't done like it used to be. Most scouting now is done via Hudl in lieu of the cost of sending out scout teams all over the place.

4 minutes ago, XX Man said:

No, I am not racist, and I call it like I see it. Yes, we are a long way from Wallace, but that is where we are headed. Go to the schools and look at the kids. Not much diversity. Look at the school board, 1 white board member, look at the Superintendent and who he has brought in. Look at the schools ratings. After you do all that, you will be able to figure out why these people working higher paying jobs are not bringing their kids to West Orange-Cove Consolidated School District. 

Sorry if u thought I was calling you a racist. Not my intention. Just had to get it out there that it's not a racial issue.

I have done the research. I know exactly what you're saying. And I plan to continue to organize the community when the chance comes again. All for not last spring. But this new record could turn the tide.

13 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

That has been a problem as too. Recently they spent money to rename the field though. But nothing to benefit the kids on the diamond. Other than a role model who's name they recognize.

It is my opinion, yea I know they all stink. That the admin wants to change the culture of WOS. Not so much emphasis on one sport. But also not so much emphasis on sports period. The new gym isn't for the basketball team to hang banners, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, before long they will have 2 or 3 names for every sidewalk and hallway in the school. Another School Board mistake. The added that guy's name to the football field, who never coached a team on that field and had nothing to do with that school. Hey, the football and baseball fields were already named in someone's honor, and that is how it should have stayed. 

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Sorry if u thought I was calling you a racist. Not my intention. Just had to get it out there that it's not a racial issue.

I have done the research. I know exactly what you're saying. And I plan to continue to organize the community when the chance comes again. All for not last spring. But this new record could turn the tide.

You can bet that whoever is being voted on, in the next school board election, should not be feeling real comfortable. 

43 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

You are ride or die always have been. There are things that I know about what went on at the game that were un-called for. I do not mind calling people out on the acts. This is a young team with a young head coach. we should give it time. (JMO). Shaw is in a boot and will not play on Friday. He has a high ankle sprain. Thanks for giving me your insight about our home town. I hate hearing people form other areas of Orange taking digs at my neighborhoods where I grew up yet they want to merge with WOS without having nothing to do with the success that the players we know(n) built.. Trust and believe I have lots of family in Orange and I keep in touch.

I respect your views and agree that some things are getting out of hand. But, this is NOT a young team. We return 8 on both sides of the ball and the senior group never lost from 7th through JV. 

21 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

How much are they spending on the new press box?

6 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I respect your views and agree that some things are getting out of hand. But, this is NOT a young team. We return 8 on both sides of the ball and the senior group never lost from 7th through JV. 

Yep. WOS had the highest winning percentage in the state using the same system every year. Why would these guys come in here and screw it up? 

50 minutes ago, XX Man said:

You are right about the population moving away from Orange, even if they work here. They do not want their kids in WO schools. There is no diversity in the school, the athletics, the school board or the administration. West Orange has turned into another Wallace. First thing needs to happen is at least half the school board has to go. The superintendent has to go, and his lackey he brought in from Silsbee has to go. People need to show up on elections to the school board, to begin with. Let's get this done. Bring diversity back to West Orange and the whole community will profit. 

If I recall, the community just voiced their opinion during the last election. 

4 hours ago, lcm93 said:

Orange is a dying town with no economy which good athlete would move here and play sports ? Coach hooks and coach Thompson was the magic of the wos program now they are gone so is the magic ! 

Hundreds of homes are being constructed as we speak. Somebody knows something.

13 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

You know Gasilla, I can't put my finger on why we are not playing better.  Is it all because of the 50 defense, or is it the attitudes of the fans and the players are feeling their reactions. One thing I want coach H. to do better beside having the team ready to win is to...  get into the shoes of the refs, make them feel his raft if he feels that they made a bad call against his team LOL.  

4 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

maybe it's via the same government program  building several apartment complexes and new homes for people as "affordable housing" here in Jasper.

Its Dr Horton Homes in LCM school district. Everyone has been complaining about. I dont know of any new neighborhoods going up in WOS though

51 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It's all politics in wos !!