Week-5 Port Arthur Memorial at Baytown Sterling Predictions 9/22

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Who wins   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • Baytown Sterling

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2022 at 11:00 PM

1 minute ago, TradenupBH said:

BH could’ve scored 80-90 points. Subs were in by halftime. Memorial will win big.

Doesn't surprise me. 

I didn't watch the complete KP/Sterling game, but was told KP started trickling in backups early 3rd qtr. 

Damn shame too cause when you look at Sterling they look like a good team full of good athletes, then play starts and..........well......you seen it. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Doesn't surprise me. 

I didn't watch the complete KP/Sterling game, but was told KP started trickling in backups early 3rd qtr. 

Damn shame too cause when you look at Sterling they look like a good team full of good athletes, then play starts and..........well......you seen it. 

Hate to say it, but they looked lost when I watched them. I think coaching isn’t that good there. They have some athletes, but the kids are clueless on assignments and make silly decisions. That’s my observation.

Even in PA Memorial's worst years Sterling has NEVER been a trap game, hell one year Sterling was the favorite and we won (Coach Harrison's son Soph yr), pipedown youngster and just hope we get out of this week healthy, you know those Baytown kids can play a little dirty some years when facing PA Memorial. 

22 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

BH could’ve scored 80-90 points. Subs were in by halftime. Memorial will win big.

That's a little bit of an exaggeration, seeing as how the game was 28-7 at halftime with starters playing. That would suggest BH having a 50-60pt second half. Its possible I guess. Regardless, PAM wins this one 67-7. That October 28 meeting between GCM and RSS sets up as a barn burner. 

3 hours ago, TheDonk said:

That's a little bit of an exaggeration, seeing as how the game was 28-7 at halftime with starters playing. That would suggest BH having a 50-60pt second half. Its possible I guess. Regardless, PAM wins this one 67-7. That October 28 meeting between GCM and RSS sets up as a barn burner. 

I was at the game, it was 21-0 in 1st Q,. By mid 2Q backups were already going in. No doubt BH could’ve scored an extra 3 TD’s in game.

Probably the best article I've seen on us this season. Perfect. And points out the luck we've previously had in close games, it aint pretty, but that dub on last Friday I'll definitely take. 

And before the resident fan/hater chimes in: the Morgan quote isn't about Porter being good, it's about facing good teams going forward. 🙄

"If we want to be a good team, you are going to play good teams in close games. They responded well." — Port Arthur Memorial High School Coach Brian Morgan

Port Arthur ISD 

This is the hidden content, please

14 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Probably the best article I've seen on us this season. Perfect. And points out the luck we've previously had in close games, it aint pretty, but that dub on last Friday I'll definitely take. 

And before the resident fan/hater chimes in: the Morgan quote isn't about Porter being good, it's about facing good teams going forward. 🙄

"If we want to be a good team, you are going to play good teams in close games. They responded well." — Port Arthur Memorial High School Coach Brian Morgan

Port Arthur ISD 

This is the hidden content, please

i'll take the dub as it helps with seeding. now let me rip into this lol...i like how everyone is ignoring the  REAL play of the game. that play being the botched xp/accidental 2 point conversion. without that play PAM lose by one. accidental cause after scooping up the ball, kicker and holder ran into each other smh.

now, again ill take the win, BUT Porter OUTPLAYED PAM. Morgan should have been a little more honest and just said Porter let us win lol. The kicker for Porter was the difference. Porter pushed PAM around and we still playing sandlot. the scooped fumble should have just ran out of bounds. I gave ol xbox hell because of personal beef and SOME questionable decisions. however, he taught better fundamentals of the game. i sept 30th will be the measuring stick! i won't be mad if they lose that game...just don't get blown out. and IMO barbers hill will be the PERFECT game to get the ready for a 1st rd practice game. BH is the type of team that would put PAM out 1 st rd if they played(relax, i know they can't play them first rd, just saying thats the type)

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

i'll take the dub as it helps with seeding. now let me rip into this lol...i like how everyone is ignoring the  REAL play of the game. that play being the botched xp/accidental 2 point conversion. without that play PAM lose by one. accidental cause after scooping up the ball, kicker and holder ran into each other smh.

now, again ill take the win, BUT Porter OUTPLAYED PAM. Morgan should have been a little more honest and just said Porter let us win lol. The kicker for Porter was the difference. Porter pushed PAM around and we still playing sandlot. the scooped fumble should have just ran out of bounds. I gave ol xbox hell because of personal beef and SOME questionable decisions. however, he taught better fundamentals of the game. i sept 30th will be the measuring stick! i won't be mad if they lose that game...just don't get blown out. and IMO barbers hill will be the PERFECT game to get the ready for a 1st rd practice game. BH is the type of team that would put PAM out 1 st rd if they played(relax, i know they can't play them first rd, just saying thats the type)

Oh the play that made it 8-7 early in the game. Smh. Meanwhile who's to say they don't go for 2 on the next TD? Etc....etc....Other things could've happened.

Just accept the fact that they won the damn game and move on. 

GO TITANS, BEAT STERLING! 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Oh the play that made it 8-7 early in the game. Smh. Meanwhile who's to say they don't go for 2 on the next TD? Etc....etc....Other things could've happened.

Just accept the fact that they won the damn game and move on. 

GO TITANS, BEAT STERLING! 

the way porter was shutting down the offense in the redzone...DOUBT IT LOL. Wilson had to drag people in the endzone on 3rd down if im not mistaken and the other TD was a long catch and run. i love and support the boys, but tired of the gassing and mediocrity

1 minute ago, pakronos said:

the way porter was shutting down the offense in the redzone...DOUBT IT LOL. Wilson had to drag people in the endzone on 3rd down if im not mistaken and the other TD was a long catch and run. i love and support the boys, but tired of the gassing and mediocrity

Well take your arse up to the fieldhouse and have a discussion with the coaching staff and kids, I believe it's an open door policy. 

On 9/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hopefully the back-ups get some extended playing time in this one and we come out of this game healthy. 🤞🏾

I agree, hopefully PAM doesn’t assume it’s an easy win against a team with nothing to lose. Backups getting playing time is very important in case a starter goes down. We lost our starting qb week one….back up playing good though. 

3 minutes ago, PAT00 said:

I agree, hopefully PAM doesn’t assume it’s an easy win against a team with nothing to lose. Backups getting playing time is very important in case a starter goes down. We lost our starting qb week one….back up playing good though. 

In bold: Which team would that be?