Frost out at Nebraska...

Bulldogs92

On 9/11/2022 at 4:09 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

Most people thought Frost was the best possible hire when NU brought him in, but it just didn't work. Receivers coach Mickey Joseph will take over on an interim basis. It'll be interesting to see which direction AD Trev Albert chooses to go. 

Me among them.  Thought it was a no brainer, home run hire for Nebraska.  I will say that I believe Nebraska fired him when they did so he would get the extra $7.5M.  Say what you will about the Huskers but they take care of their own.  Somewhat refreshing in this day and age.  Of course, with a fat Billion coming thru the new Big 10 TV deal, it’s easier to be “loyal.”

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Me among them.  Thought it was a no brainer, home run hire for Nebraska.  I will say that I believe Nebraska fired him when they did so he would get the extra $7.5M.  Say what you will about the Huskers but they take care of their own.  Somewhat refreshing in this day and age.  Of course, with a fat Billion coming thru the new Big 10 TV deal, it’s easier to be “loyal.”

The other plus is that they have plenty of money to get a proven winner. I'd like to see Mickey Joseph win a bunch of games and earn the job. He's a great closer in recruiting and a really good coach. 

Fred Hoiberg might be next if the basketball team starts off slow. I think Alberts is ready to move on from the coaches in the athletic program that are underperforming. 

Yep. They had to do something. NU is one of the worst defenses in the country. I don't know that it will matter much, but they just need to be aggressive and run to the ball. Chinander had improved that defense every year, so it's not like he forgot how to coach. The effort just hasn't been there on the field.