Wos at Newton sept 16

lcm93

16 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is a good year for Newton to win... except Newton is off this year, too.  

I think WOS bounces back this week.

WOS very well could bounce back with a win tonight. I wouldn't be surprised by any means. However, I don't believe Newton is off this year. They have a pretty solid team and it will be very difficult for any 3A D2 team to beat them this season. Yes, they lost to Woodville by one point and that is why you think they're off. It happens, and Woodville is the best they've ever been. I still do not think Woodville is better, but they won that night, so I give them credit. But Newton is a lot better than last year's team. In my opinion, I think WOS wins tonight, but that doesn't mean Newton is bad. It is a good test for them and will only make them better. 

On 9/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, Gasilla said:

The records irrelevent. 

I'm not saying anything about what the coaches know.

Do you think all coaches are outstanding with infinite knowledge? If so, why are some great and others not? Why do some run a certain style of defense and others a different style? Obviously, there can be problems with what coaches know. Do you think a coach with no experience knows more than a coach with 50 years of experience? Heck, since we're asking questions, what about a coach with no experience compared to a coach with 50 years and headed to the Hall Of Fame?

In the case of WOS, I have no idea why they changed from what's been successful for 45 years. It may have nothing to do with knowledge. It could be pride. Maybe he wants it to be HIS. Maybe he doesn't want to be under the shadow of the past. Is that the right reason to change? Is that fair to the kids?

Lots of questions.

One can have 50 years experience, or one year experience 50 times. Just sayin’.

I get your HOF comment though.