Fort Bend Marshall (21) @ Crosby (27) FINAL

jdawg03

2 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

No that was luck. FBM coach Calls a timeout as they score a TD has nothing to do with Crosby. Muffed hold for the winning field goal has nothing to do with Crosby. 

pull your head out and you will see someday.

Crosby took the misstates and took the win though and that is what matters. 

Wait. 

FB coach had 12 on the field. He panicked or the kids flubbed. So he calls TO. 

Muffed hold for the FG because of the pressure of the Crosby defensive line.

That last series and in OT, the cougar defense overwhelmed FB.

When a team forced mistakes, panic, and dominates (not the whole game, but definitely the last couple minutes) the opponent…what is that?

Your own words are exposing the foolishness of your comment.

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Congrats Crosby.

FB Marshall massively choked that game. How do you not come away with points when you have it first and goal with under 3 to go?! Just crazy.

Interested to see how Crosby looks when their "studs" come back as we keep hearing.

We’re one dimensional right now. We can’t even throw the ball because we can’t beat anybody on the outside to loosen up coverage. We still can’t run our base offensive set because one of our backs is hurt. Half of the guys we had in the box on defense tonight are backups. We’re not good in the return game because we’re down to the 6th return guy.

We have a layup next week so I’m not sure who’s going to be allowed to play but we should have at least the two receivers back in a couple weeks. 

45 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Agreed. When y’all get healthy I think y’all will be really good. Y’all’s back is a stud throw in some receivers when they heal up and you become a DC nightmare. 

They can get healthy after September 30th, I don't mind it. 😁

35 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They can get healthy after September 30th, I don't mind it. 😁

We’re trying to be ready for the three week stretch of BH, KP and PAM. We have the last five weeks of the season off after that. It would be nice to develop at least some continuity before that stretch though. Even if we get some kids back for the BH game there’s still an acclimation period we’ll have to go through. Just glad the kids and staff Crosby’d tonight.

We’re not a perennial state title contender yet but regardless of who’s in front of us, when you lose a game like we did last week people in town get disturbed. 

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

Wait. 

FB coach had 12 on the field. He panicked or the kids flubbed. So he calls TO. 

Muffed hold for the FG because of the pressure of the Crosby defensive line.

That last series and in OT, the cougar defense overwhelmed FB.

When a team forced mistakes, panic, and dominates (not the whole game, but definitely the last couple minutes) the opponent…what is that?

Your own words are exposing the foolishness of your comment.

Out of likes, +10 though. Football guys understand football. It’s not always going to look pretty when it’s good on good. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We’re trying to be ready for the three week stretch of BH, KP and PAM. We have the last five weeks of the season off after that. It would be nice to develop at least some continuity before that stretch though. Even if we get some kids back for the BH game there’s still an acclimation period we’ll have to go through. Just glad the kids and staff Crosby’d tonight.

We’re not a perennial state title contender yet but regardless of who’s in front of us, when you lose a game like we did last week people in town get disturbed. 

Trust me I know. Remember our Channelview game Jalen Hurts junior yr?? 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Trust me I know. Remember our Channelview game Jalen Hurts junior yr?? 

I do, but that wasn’t one of PAM’s better teams if I remember right? We lost by 56 with one of our better teams, injuries or not there’s been some questions being asked this past week. 

This is the hidden content, please
//

Crosby and Fort Bend Marshall lived up to the hype of their high-profile matchup Thursday night as the Cougars prevailed with a 27-21 overtime victory at home.

Running back Levi Ray Fontenot scored the go-ahead touchdown for Crosby in the extra period, and Nathan Holder secured an interception on the ensuing possession to seal it.

The Cougars (1-1) also defeated Marshall (1-1) last season, 37-28. This year’s Buffalos entered the week at No. 4 in the Class 5A Division II state rankings.

Crosby opened the first-quarter scoring with a touchdown pass from Cyrin Myles to David Ards. Marshall answered when Jarrod Howard reached paydirt on the ground.

Myles scored on a touchdown run of his own in the second quarter to give the Cougars a 14-7 lead. They would take that score into halftime.

The Buffalos scored 14 unanswered points in the third quarter. Jordon Davis connected with Andre Feast on a score, and Jonathan Haynes scored on the ground.

Crosby fought back and knotted the score at 21 early in the fourth quarter as Myles connected with Kade Eudy. That would be the final score before overtime.

Crosby begins District 8-5A Division I action next Friday against Baytown Lee. Marshall, meanwhile, has its final nondistrict tuneup against Alief Taylor on the road.

Written by-
, Staff Writers Houston Chronicle.

Coach Prieto has 10 playoff wins in the three season he’s been at Crosby yet this is going to be the first season we don’t start 0-2 on his watch, and he’s never had a team as banged up as he does now.

Even when we were getting beat down last week all of our 768 assistant coordinators in the stands understood that they wouldn’t be making a difference down there either. We understand the process in Crosby. 

12 hours ago, BHFAN said:

No that was luck. FBM coach Calls a timeout as they score a TD has nothing to do with Crosby. Muffed hold for the winning field goal has nothing to do with Crosby. 

pull your head out and you will see someday.

Crosby took the misstates and took the win though and that is what matters. 

Ding ding ding. FB marshall is not well coached.