Pam at png!!

lcm93

P.A. vs. PNG  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Winner

• Port Arthur
    • Port Neches Groves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2022 at 09:30 PM

Hopefully it's an injury-free game and of course a Titan win. I think a certain person has learned a lesson that if you get a big lead at The Rez you keep your foot on their arse and don't let up, I hope we don't blow a big lead this time. 

On 8/20/2022 at 2:03 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hopefully it's an injury-free game and of course a Titan win. I think a certain person has learned a lesson that if you get a big lead at The Rez you keep your foot on their arse and don't let up, I hope we don't blow a big lead this time. 

Can new PNG defense hold up vs. the size, athleticism, speed & fast paced offense of P.A? Offensive Master Mind Faircloth is gone. Pressure is on the new rookie coaching staff at PNG, rookie PNG OC that's never called plays vs. strong P.A. defense & P.A. coaching staff tired of hearing they choke in big games should lead to a P.A. win.... But you can never count out the Indian pride, tradition, fight & HOME field advantage at the Indian burial ground.  

Say what you want, Faircloth groomed his QBs well and knew how to put points on the board.  New defensive minded HC might have a tough time putting up the same offensive numbers. Anyone know whos polishing/coaching the Qbs? I would think they would be a lil more run heavy early on... Pretty sure with an experienced DC and a better draw of talent the Defense will show improvement.  Might take a few games for the Injuns to get it together but I'm sure they will be fine...Gotta go with the Titans...One things for sure, not much film of the Injun O for the Titans to prepare for...

For the people who’ve seen already I was wondering if PNG’s offense looked more like Katy’s or SLC’s? One place PNG has been well above average lately is on the offensive line and I think they could be a real factor in 5A-D2 with a more Katy-style offense that highlights that. I would imagine being at SLC so long that’s probably the route though? 

When PNG had success with RJ it wasn’t because of how great of a passer he was, it was because they could control the game on the ground with his running ability. Morse, Crippen and Bost are all better passers than he was. It sounds stupid for me to say after losing a game 72-69 but I never thought PNG really benefited from lining up and trying to play basketball with teams that had better athletes than them on the outside. You see BH was able to beat FB Marshall last year because of how dominant their offensive line was. Very interested to see how Coach Joseph uses PNG’s personnel versus what Faircloth saw. 

On the PAM side of things I know they have to replace a lot but it still feels like they should be two or three scores better than a team they’re superior in talent to that also has a head coach making his debut. I know with it being somewhat of a rivalry game weird things can happen but if PAM is going to win the 10 games I think they can this year then they should probably be able to take care of PNG relatively cleanly. 

This seems like PNG having a nothing to lose and everything to win kind of game.

PAM on the other hand has the pressure of being embarrassed. They bring in a team expected to win and having a good season  against a smaller team with a new head coach.

If PNG loses, especially if keeping it close, they have nothing to be ashamed about. 

If PAM loses…….. 

8 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

I think the Titans maybe too much for us. 

Nah yall should run us off the field like West Brook was supposed to do in a scrimmage per some non-knowledgeable fake arse football expert, aint that right @BMTSoulja1 ?? 

7 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Isn't the new coach for the $5 Indians a former SLC assistant? If so, I'm concerned about the Slot receiver either cutting in front or just be hind the ref for 8 yards a pop...... 

Other than that, Titans...... 

Son of Katy’s head coach Gary Joesph. Was with SLC last year.  DC Matt McDaniel was Katy’s DC for many years and state championships under Joesph. OC Cade McCrary was All State WR for Lake Travis and played for UT and also comes from SLC. Will be a different look. 

9 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

Son of Katy’s head coach Gary Joesph. Was with SLC last year.  DC Matt McDaniel was Katy’s DC for many years and state championships under Joesph. OC Cade McCrary was All State WR for Lake Travis and played for UT and also comes from SLC. Will be a different look. 

DC Matt McDaniel is the only one of those 3 with legit exp. in the job he was hired to do. Mr. McDaniel had some very good defenses at Katy & his resume is legit, so the defensive scheme should be solid. I don't think the 1st time head coach & OC know the rivalry, atmosphere, & amount of smack that goes down in this type game, if they can handle all that then they got a chance   

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

DC Matt McDaniel is the only one of those 3 with legit exp. in the job he was hired to do. Mr. McDaniel had some very good defenses at Katy & his resume is legit, so the defensive scheme should be solid. I don't think the 1st time head coach & OC know the rivalry, atmosphere, & amount of smack that goes down in this type game, if they can handle all that then they got a chance   

Agreed. Will be a true test. Joesph and McCrary we’re both All State players in there days.