Huffman Falcons 2022 Preview

jdawg03

2022 SETXsports Team Previews
5HUqGatdrAyquaO0Gcq7M_FC-GJyqmtsDO_ucFxO

School Name: Huffman High School
Mascot: Falcons

Head Coach Name: Joey Buchta
At Current School Since: 2022

Assistant Coaches: Tony Swartz - Offensive Coordinator, Troy Sample - Defensive Coordinator, Garrett Gates - Linebackers, Sean Bates - Defensive Line, Chad Merchant - Offensive Line, Andrew Walker - Quarterbacks, Matt Thompson - Wide Receivers, Brandon Cole - Offensive Skill, Phillip Page - Defensive Backs  

2021 Season Results

Last year the Huffman Falcons finished the season with a record of 8 and 3. The Falcons competed in district 10--4A Div 1 and finished in 3rd place with a record of 3 wins and 2 losses.

2021 Playoffs Round Reached- BiDistrict Round

2022 Season Preview

Offensively, the Falcons will run the Multiple Spread offense. In 2022, Look out for key returning players:

Tyler Wilkins, WR, Sr,

Dylan McMullen, RB/WR, Jr

Noah Silman, OT, Jr

Will Swartz, TE, So

Jacob Eccles, WR, Sr

Jake Moorhaj, WR, Sr

Tyson Woodland, QB/WR, Sr

Justin Evans, QB/WR, Jr 

Kurtis Felder, WR, So.

Also, 
—-could make a big impact on the offense this year.

On the defensive side of the ball, look for these returning players to make a big impact on defense this year:

Tyler Wilkins, DB, Sr

Jesse Holcombe, LB, Jr 

Will Swartz, DE, So 

Harrison Dupnick, DL, Jr 

Colton Jacobs, DT, Sr

Shawn Goodson, DE, Sr

Brian Dodson, LB Sr

Huffman will be running the 3-4 Multiple Defense defense this year.

Lastly, notable special teams player(s) to watch include: 

Jonathan Klepetko, K, Sr

8 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

They finished with an "8 and 3 record, while finishing 3rd in the district with 8 wins and 3 losses"? Did Kamala Harris write this?

Are you suggesting that it should have been written "8 wins and 3 losses overall and 3 wins and 2 losses in district play"? If so, pretty nitpicking.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Are you suggesting that it should have been written "8 wins and 3 losses overall and 3 wins and 2 losses in district play"? If so, pretty nitpicking.

I am "suggesting" that stating the record of "8-3" in the first sentence was sufficient. No need to re-state the exact information in the next sentence. 

Not "nitpicking", it is a simple mistake by the writer/editor that was humorous. 

35 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I am "suggesting" that stating the record of "8-3" in the first sentence was sufficient. No need to re-state the exact information in the next sentence. 

Not "nitpicking", it is a simple mistake by the writer/editor that was humorous. 

Better than WOS finishing 11-2 with a first place 6-10 record in district lol 

23 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

They finished with an "8 and 3 record, while finishing 3rd in the district with 8 wins and 3 losses"? Did Kamala Harris write this?

Dude, y’all are literally Splendora with nicer houses. I wouldn’t be making comments about the literary structure of anything on this site if I was you. Beyond that though, please feel free to take time out of whatever you have going on, they way they have, to write whatever you feel necessary about Huffman’s upcoming season. 

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, y’all are literally Splendora with nicer houses. I wouldn’t be making comments about the literary structure of anything on this site if I was you. Beyond that though, please feel free to take time out of whatever you have going on, they way they have, to write whatever you feel necessary about Huffman’s upcoming season. 

While I completely agree with that 89 should have better things to do than criticize the few people who are actually trying to keep this website going after the loss of WOSgrad and AAW......Splendora with nicer houses? Come on man.....we've earned a little more credit than that.

Jdawg, thank you for continuing to do the work you are doing so far this year to maintain the quality of this board. I'd assume we will never again find men line WOS and AAW who will put in the work to make this site what it has been, but I applaud your efforts to try and keep it afloat. I know there are talented contributors from each city represented here, I just wish there was a way to bring them into the fold and utilize those talents. It seems that these days time is short for all of us and adding anything extra is crippling. Ignore the idiots who occasionally poke their heads up out of the sand.     

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Will do. We need to get a comment guideline set up for this site that lets readers know exactly what they think or say. Might make more sense to set up fact checkers to review each comment before the comments actually show on the forum. 

The last think we want are readers noticing mistakes and having the audacity to mention the mistake. 

10 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Will do. We need to get a comment guideline set up for this site that lets readers know exactly what they think or say. Might make more sense to set up fact checkers to review each comment before the comments actually show on the forum. 

The last thing we want are readers noticing mistakes and having the audacity to mention the mistake. 

Thanks for sharing what you think about this thing.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:20 AM, 2wedge said:

Ignore the idiots who occasionally poke their heads up out of the sand.     

Yes, some dude went off on stupid memes recently pumping an overhyped school. That, and the "Toby" and "7 years" stuff. Best thing to do is just ignore all the stupidity like that. I too appreciate all the efforts to keep this site alive and well. Once the season actually starts up it will get rolling good again.