Week 2 could be DOOMS day for this area

Guest whoabroncos09

I hope I'm wrong on this guys and I know you have to take one game at a time, but we are fans.  I was looking at the brackets for all classifications.  I might be wrong on a couple of games, but it's possible that all of the area teams will be done after week 2. 

5A-WB would get FB Clements

4A- Dayton, Lumberton, PNG get the powerful teams from LM, Dickinson, Texas City

3A- WOS gets Giddings again 

2A-EC gets Mart

These are just a few and I may have overlooked a couple of teams. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. It appears to be very tough road for all, but hopefully somebody will make a deep run.  What's ya'lls comments?

we need to just take it one week at a time.

=]

Guest TravelingBandsman

We would more likely than not have Texas City in the second round. This year, they have been amazing, beating La Marque and almost everyone else they've come up against. If Dayton can play defense like they know they can, we can stop Texas City. Do they still have the size that they had last year?

I understand one week at a time, and that's for the players and coaches.  The fans can look ahead and play the what if game. It was only for discussion.

I hear ya scalp'em.Over on the downlow they have several threads on teams talking about thier chances of being state champs.One is asking who will win state for each classification.Interesting thing is WO-S is in the finals by most and Giddings is not mentioned at all.Now that's looking a little too far ahead for me.

We would more likely than not have Texas City in the second round. This year, they have been amazing, beating La Marque and almost everyone else they've come up against. If Dayton can play defense like they know they can, we can stop Texas City. Do they still have the size that they had last year?

dayton will steam roll texas city. they have been winning in the last seconds in games by 1-2 points and beat lamarque in ot. they run first and pass later...much later. this won't be a problem for dayton. lamarque defense now takes over the season and will bail the offense out,despite poor coaching. can't play 2a ball in 4a.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder