Coach Of The Year?? Not Including Playoffs

Guest Kelly Football

First of all, I want everyone to know that the following is strictly MY opinion, no one else has to share it with me.

I think Coach Alvarez has done a fine job with K'ville, but he was picked to win district and he did not, so he does not deserve COTY.  Coach Brooks also has done a fine job turning Jasper around, but he, too, did not win district.  Coach Hooks was NOT picked to win district and he did.

22-4A:  That is a tough call.  It was a three-way tie, but Lumberton wasn't expected to win and they did.  I'd have to go with Credeur, or either a co-COTY.

Alvin Credeur not only has great coaching abilities , he is a great leader . During the 8th grade season 2003 ,well into an undefeated record. ( another first for Lumberton )  . Some of the players grades were slipping , so he made the entire team go to tutorials instead of practicing until all the grades came up . That is character .

They finished the season undefeated , and I personally feel it was that team sacrifice that bonded them as a team .  Now Credeur's Raiders  are in the playoffs .

Riddle me this, Batman: Exactly WHO decides COTY anyway?? Someone told me tonight that this had already been decided, back in August or September, and apparently it isn't Coach Credeur.

No, I don't always believe everything I hear - or read, so I'm just asking. Who decides? What is the criteria? When do "they" decide?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Riddle me this, Batman: Exactly WHO decides COTY anyway?? Someone told me tonight that this had already been decided, back in August or September, and apparently it isn't Coach Credeur.

No, I don't always believe everything I hear - or read, so I'm just asking. Who decides? What is the criteria? When do "they" decide?

Inquiring minds want to know.

There is a coaches pick for all district. The coaches get together and vote on the players and the coach of the year. The the local paper has a super team and coach of the year. Both come out after the teams or out of the playoffs. I put alot of stock in the coaches pick.The paper is sometimes bias for the local teams they cover. During the coaches picks,the coaches can nominate the players that they think or worthy but can't vote for any players from thier teams. They also vote on a coach of the year but the coaches can't nomnate or vote for themselves. I think 224A coaches voted last week.

There is a coaches pick for all district. The coaches get together and vote on the players and the coach of the year. The the local paper has a super team and coach of the year. Both come out after the teams or out of the playoffs. I put alot of stock in the coaches pick.The paper is sometimes bias for the local teams they cover. During the coaches picks,the coaches can nominate the players that they think or worthy but can't vote for any players from thier teams. They also vote on a coach of the year but the coaches can't nomnate or vote for themselves. I think 224A coaches voted last week.

this is exactly how it works and I agree with everything you said

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding. I know many teams that wish they had LESS like he does???? Hahahahaha. Coach Alvarez is a good coach but , he by no means has less talent than those he plays!!! Rhodes, Jackson????? Yeah, they are average??? hahahaha

No, are you kidding?  I'm not just talking about talent but also shear numbers.  Jasper, Silsbee, WOS all have kids who have signed D1 over the last three seasons.  How many D1 players has Kirbyville had over the last three years?  Let me tell you.  ZERO    WOS, Jasper and Silsbee always has a bigger collection of talented athletes and linemen than Kirbyville.  Yet, Coach Alvarez has still beaten Jasper and finally beat Silsbee this year.   Kirbyville HAS to play their players both ways and many times in all three phases.   Coach Alvarez does more with LESS every year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder