Newton vs. Buna Predictions/GAME TONIGHT!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a re-match of last year’s bi-district playoff game.

Assuming both teams graduated the same number and quality of Sr's from last years teams.... What was the score last year...?

Really not trying to gig Buna as they have a good group of kids and coaches but unless Newton takes the game lightly it should be a Newton win.

Why?

• Newton is playing its best ball of the year right now.

• Newton has been putting in second string players beginning in the third quarter of the district games.

• Newton could have put 70 points on most of the district teams if Coach Barbay had wanted.

• Newton's passing game is the best it's been this year (and probably last year).

• Newton arguably played the hardest pre-district schedule of any 2A team in east Texas (maybe the state) Jasper, Silsbee, Carthage, Crockett. All these are 3A teams and 3 of the 4 are in the 3A playoffs.

• Playing on Thursday night may or may not be an advantage to Buna...? I can't recall Newton ever playing a varsity game on a Thursday...

• Playing on the turf in Lufkin should be a Newton speed advantage.

• Newton’s defensive line is good

You make excellent points.  The Eagles soar and win by 35 points. 

Some on here want to talk about 24AA and how strong it is.  Newton has 3 state championships, Corrigan Camden has a couple and  San Augustine has another.  How many championships does 24AA have?  I don't remember Newton playing any 1A's in predistrict either.

Why in the world are they playing on a Thursday. I heard something about Buna wanting to play on turf and that was the only way they were going to be able to....if that is true then someone please explain.

No offense to buna, but that was kinda dumb decision. why in the heck would you play NEWTON on turf??? did they know that would give the a big speed advantage. im rootin for the coogs but since theyre playin on turf newton gonna be to fast for them.  good luck to both teams.

I have changed my mind. Newton by as many touchdowns as they wish to score.

You have to give the edge to Newton if for no other reason than tradition but the Eagles would be foolish to take the Cougars for granted.

Buna has a big ol' chip on their shoulder and those teams can get nasty and pull off an upset.

Nobody expected Applachian State to beat Michigan.

LOL

Appalachian State is a team made up of several high schools best football players....as is Michigan.

Buna squeeked in the playoffs and is made up of basketball players!

For those that warn Newton to not take the cougars lightly....they wont. They will treat them like a playoff team and dispose of them with surgical precision.

I am just trying to stir you guys....good luck to both teams...truly. And congrats Buna.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder