Livingston 45 Hamshire-Fannett 54/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Livingston 45 Hamshire-Fannett 54/FINAL
11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

HF 54

Livingston 45 F

Good defensive battle the first half. HF was a little cold but stayed locked in on defense. Down the stretch HF just made more plays on both ends and put the ball in the hands of their playmaker and their floor general to finish the game. Got solid play from some bench players,  #20 & #0 especially. HF bench outplayed Livingston's and that was a huge difference in the game. 

I had said before the season the team that could hold serve at home and steal one on the road would win the district. I didn’t think HJ would be able to go through district undefeated but they are getting close. HF will have a challenge next Tuesday traveling to Huffman. If the Falcons win that one I think there’ll be a seeding game for the 3-4 spots. 

9 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I had said before the season the team that could hold serve at home and steal one on the road would win the district. I didn’t think HJ would be able to go through district undefeated but they are getting close. HF will have a challenge next Tuesday traveling to Huffman. If the Falcons win that one I think there’ll be a seeding game for the 3-4 spots. 

Actually, if Huffman beats HF, I can see a three way tie for 2-4 with HH, HF and Livingston, assuming Huffman beats Livingston as well. Each team would likely finish 8-4 and 1-1 against each other.

I believe the three teams would have seed games to determine 2-4. I don't believe neither team would concede or flip. Pretty sure neither team wants the 4th seed.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Actually, if Huffman beats HF, I can see a three way tie for 2-4 with HH, HF and Livingston, assuming Huffman beats Livingston as well. Each team would likely finish 8-4 and 1-1 against each other.

I believe the three teams would have seed games to determine 2-4. I don't believe neither team would concede or flip. Pretty sure neither team wants the 4th seed.

I didn’t look to see where Huffman and Livingston would play. I think the home team will definitely have the advantage in that one. 

2 hours ago, Ball4Life said:

Who is the playmaker and floor general for hf? Cardinal 1 please let me know 

If you don't know the answer to that, then you haven't seen any of the games particularly the close ones. Also a "floor general" is a common basketball term for one particular position on the court. Ours is a 2 time 1st team all district and was all region last year. He's kind of hard to miss, he's the one with ball coming up the court 80% of the game 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

HJ goes to Livingston, I have to admit I thought they would have ran through them at home but Livingston played them tough. They are a solid defensive team, I still think HJ beats them at Livingston but I have to agree with your earlier assessments about them after last night. They are a pretty tough team