Orangefield 77 Bridge City 47/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Orangefield 77 Bridge City 47/FINAL
11 minutes ago, catfever said:

Read where Wrinkle tied a school record with 8 threes made in a game. 

That's pretty neat, but he's got some work to do.  I heard his dad once hit 15 in a game in high school!  Wrinkle has really developed into maybe the best Bobcat since Austin Farias way back when.  Really good basketball player.

5 hours ago, Charles in Charge said:

That's pretty neat, but he's got some work to do.  I heard his dad once hit 15 in a game in high school!  Wrinkle has really developed into maybe the best Bobcat since Austin Farias way back when.  Really good basketball player.

As long as you slept through the years in between.  Lol.  He’s a decent player.  He’s not the best basketball player on his team this year, if all healthy.  But it was a nice heater last night. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 10:59 PM, TxHoops said:

As long as you slept through the years in between.  Lol.  He’s a decent player.  He’s not the best basketball player on his team this year, if all healthy.  But it was a nice heater last night. 

Wrinkle is easily best player on current team.  The Pete kid is nice in an aau kind of game, but Wrinkle is better at basically every facet of the game...especially if you value players who rebound and play defense.

For argument sake, who are your best Orangefield players in the last 10 years?

8 hours ago, Charles in Charge said:

Wrinkle is easily best player on current team.  The Pete kid is nice in an aau kind of game, but Wrinkle is better at basically every facet of the game...especially if you value players who rebound and play defense.

For argument sake, who are your best Orangefield players in the last 10 years?

Maybe a good place to start would be the best team (wins, playoff wins) in the history of the school?  Might want to start there.  I mean, that is if you value players who rebound and play defense lol.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Maybe a good place to start would be the best team (wins, playoff wins) in the history of the school?  Might want to start there.  I mean, that is if you value players who rebound and play defense lol.  

I started by asking your opinion.  I love Catt's game and if I'm drafting a team, he's probably first pick.  But if we're talking career, one great year doesn't trump four good ones.  Throw some other names out there.  You're the Orangefield expert.

10 minutes ago, Charles in Charge said:

I started by asking your opinion.  I love Catt's game and if I'm drafting a team, he's probably first pick.  But if we're talking career, one great year doesn't trump four good ones.  Throw some other names out there.  You're the Orangefield expert.

Four good ones?  We counting freshman and JV years?  And in one year, he set the career blocks record, rebound record and was as gifted a passer as just about any guard out there.  He also is probably a better on ball defender, even vs guards, as any bobcat.

Look I know you got caught up in hyperbole but the original statement of the best player since Austin Farias was just craziness (although Austin was more than 10 years ago too). Chris Ford was before then but he’s one of the best.  I would have to spend more time than I would care to but off the top of my head, Matt Kress way better.  His brother Kaleb as well when his head was screwed on straight.  The Wiley’s, especially Carmichael.  Wrinkle’s game reminds me somewhat of Wesley Frillou’s who was probably the 3rd or 4th best player on the ‘17 team.  I will say he is probably the best cross country runner in the past 10 years though by a good margin.  And good kid and nice player on the hardwood as well.  

3 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Austin graduated in 2004 :) 

Best team - 2005, but I may be biased :D:D:D

We had ZERO stand outs that year, we were all average. 

Chris Ford was REALLY REALLY good.  

That was a GREAT team.  You had a lot of guys who could play but man did y’all play together.  And well coached. 

A better discussion of this year’s Bobcats would be Coach McDonald.  We talk a lot about good coaches in that district, but AT BEST he had the 4th most talented team in that district and finished solo second behind Silsbee.  All this while missing either his best or second best player for much of the district season. Tremendous job coaching. 

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

A better discussion of this year’s Bobcats would be Coach McDonald.  We talk a lot about good coaches in that district, but AT BEST he had the 4th most talented team in that district and finished solo second behind Silsbee.  All this while missing either his best or second best player for much of the district season. Tremendous job coaching. 

I completely agree with this. The debate over who is the best player is entertaining, but I don’t think anyone can deny the job that McDonald has done this year. I think the key is the teamwork that happened when #5 was out for those games. The defense and ball movement was great. You had other players that took on larger roles, such as #14. 3A better watch out next year. But enough about next year, take care of HF  on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, catfever said:

I completely agree with this. The debate over who is the best player is entertaining, but I don’t think anyone can deny the job that McDonald has done this year. I think the key is the teamwork that happened when #5 was out for those games. The defense and ball movement was great. You had other players that took on larger roles, such as #14. 3A better watch out next year. But enough about next year, take care of HF  on Tuesday. 

Amen to all of that.  And at first I would rather have drawn Huffman but based upon the train wreck that appears to be unfolding in Fannett, I’ve changed my mind.