Hamshire-Fannett 60 Hardin-Jefferson 70/FINAL

2 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

He didn't play the last 5 mins of the 3rd or the entire 4th quarter and didn't enter the game until middle of the OT, which is why they lost. The coach apologized for it and said it was on himself, he got caught up in the game and forgot to sub. Not sure what you mean by ill advise shots down the stretch as he wasn't in the game at all. As far as defense goes, his job and #5 are to protect the paint and backside help unless they are guarding an actual guard. It's not lazy defense, its help defense as they only time they guard their man fully is if they have ball. The rest of the time they are in help. Anyway he put up 10pts 5rebs 1stl and 1blk playing just half the game. You are correct in he had a bad shooting game going 0-4 from 3. He was tied for second leading scorer and second in rebounding only playing HALF THE GAME. The leading scorer only had 13pts. So what you're saying doesn't match the numbers as the player you said stood out to you had 9 TOs and just 10pts in over 30mins of play (he had a bad game because #23 was on the bench and is the other primary ball handler). Numbers don't lie, but apparently folks eyes do a whole lot.

He started the OT. And the shots I’m talking about came in OT.

I don’t want hear about some lame excuse “I got caught up in the game” ….you actually believe that???  if 23 is suppose to be the man….then a coachisn’t gonna sit him for a qtr and a half….especially in a close game down the stretch……..He didn’t sub him in for some reason…..

yes the pg did have turnovers…..his effort is what stood out to me  especially on def.  effort you either have it or you don’t…. 

notmany championships are won by offense.

5 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I don’t want hear about some lame excuse “I got caught up in the game” ….you actually believe that???  if 23 is suppose to be the man….then a coachisn’t gonna sit him for a qtr and a half….especially in a close game down the stretch……..He didn’t sub him in for some reason…..

yes the pg did have turnovers…..his effort is what stood out to me  especially on def.  effort you either have it or you don’t…. 

I agree.. Coaches won’t normally let his best players sit that long unless he is tripping or the others are handling up. Maybe the coach and his assistants dropped the ball. One thing for sure based on these comments the coach has to do a better job of handling the stands because y’all attitudes will filter over to the kids. Just my opinion. No fun when that happens. 

8 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Lol he didn't start the OT at all, came in midway, and scored the only points for the team in OT. So the shots you are referring to wasn't by him. What the coach said to the team and him was weird but it's what he said. I actually wasn't there at all, watched part of the game on a live feed and the rest later that day on film. So yeah I know exactly when, where, and why things happen.

Our pg is a 100% all heart player who really only turns the ball over when the other primary ball handler isn't in the game which is my son. The opposing team traps him when that happens. Also that was just his 3rd or 4th game of the year as he plays football. He just made mistakes.

2 hours ago, desethion said:

I agree.. Coaches won’t normally let his best players sit that long unless he is tripping or the others are handling up. Maybe the coach and his assistants dropped the ball. One thing for sure based on these comments the coach has to do a better job of handling the stands because y’all attitudes will filter over to the kids. Just my opinion. No fun when that happens. 

No one on the feed I feel had an attitude other then a couple like yourself who misunderstood comments. Maybe you need to go back and read. Some gave their negative opinions about my kid that I felt were false and I gave them facts and statistics, but honestly I can see the games over and over plus all the stats and the shot charts. They can only see what's in their head and the stats from maxprep (which many obviously didnt). And our parents and fans are great people who bend over backwards for all the kids and support them regardless. Let's normalize being wrong sometimes about what we think we saw and simply apologize for it. You know, like grown adults do? 

As a varsity coach myself, I can tell you 100% during close or tough games we do get tunnel vision and sometimes will get caught up only focus on one thing during games. That's why we have assistant coaches. I've made many mistakes in subbing, calling timeouts, play calls, etc....over my career that has cost games. It happens and any good coach will admit to it and apologize to his players and staff for it. Coach Kenebrew is that type of coach and the players and parents respect that about him. No the season isn't going as many imagine, but I knew there was a possibility it wasn't and have said that much to other parents when they criticized Coach Kenebrew. He's a good coach that had certain expectations or ideas of the type of players he had top to bottom and finding out otherwise. I believe he'll make adjustments and get them on track.

Whew!  Sounds like it was a great game that came down to making STOPS.  I learned a long time ago that if you score 30 but you give up 40 you gon lose lol.  Analytics is good and all but that only applies on the offensive end.  I get so tired of hearing "we lost the game but I had 25" lol. Kids that end up playing on the next level find out very quickly that defense gets them on the floor and keeps them there.  Just my opinion tho......

2 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

No one on the feed I feel had an attitude other then a couple like yourself who misunderstood comments. Maybe you need to go back and read. Some gave their negative opinions about my kid that I felt were false and I gave them facts and statistics, but honestly I can see the games over and over plus all the stats and the shot charts. They can only see what's in their head and the stats from maxprep (which many obviously didnt). And our parents and fans are great people who bend over backwards for all the kids and support them regardless. Let's normalize being wrong sometimes about what we think we saw and simply apologize for it. You know, like grown adults do? 

Please don’t label me cause of something you might have missed read also. Just for clarity

2 hours ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

Whew!  Sounds like it was a great game that came down to making STOPS.  I learned a long time ago that if you score 30 but you give up 40 you gon lose lol.  Analytics is good and all but that only applies on the offensive end.  I get so tired of hearing "we lost the game but I had 25" lol. Kids that end up playing on the next level find out very quickly that defense gets them on the floor and keeps them there.  Just my opinion tho......

Defensive down the stretch and overall rebounding determined the game. Plus some big shots by HJ (Davis) sealed it. Was a good game, the better team won that night.

Just a few observations:

(1). Analytics and Offensive stats are a waste of paper in high school basketball .They can be very misleading by outings against weaker competition . 
(2). The best judge of a “go to player” are the kids themselves. The opposing defense may limit that player’s ability to get the ball but the players know who should have it.

(3). If we have a coach at any level who doesn’t know if his best players are on the floor during crunch time he’s probably in the wrong profession. I haven’t seen a local coach who doesn’t know where his best players are. 

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

Just a few observations:

(1). Analytics and Offensive stats are a waste of paper in high school basketball .They can be very misleading by outings against weaker competition . 
(2). The best judge of a “go to player” are the kids themselves. The opposing defense may limit that player’s ability to get the ball but the players know who should have it.

(3). If we have a coach at any level who doesn’t know if his best players are on the floor during crunch time he’s probably in the wrong profession. I haven’t seen a local coach who doesn’t know where his best players are. 

Yeah ok 🙄