WO-S vs. Coldspring/Saturday Nov. 17th 2 PM In Dayton

I am confused as to how they can already arrange a playoff game when there is still some doubt as to who is going where. If HF manages to slip in to the playoffs, which btw is a slim chance, that would force WOS to Div. 1. If Coldspring wins their game and Cleveland loses their game Friday night, Coldspring would be the #1 seed in Div 2 and would play Kirbyville. Just too many other scenarios that could happen to be already scheduling a time, place and opponent.

What I believe has happened, is that WOS reserved a stadium for their first round game, but the opponent still has not been officially determined. Coldspring may have agreed to that site IF they play WOS, but Splendora or Cleveland may or may have not.

Just seems a little presumptious.

All roads meet in Dayton...

When I first started working in Dayton I was wondering why DISD never put money into a nice stadium.  It is very strategically located between Beaumont and Houston and would be idea for playoff games.

It is sweet that in its first new year Dayton has already landed a playoff game.

For most 4A schools and below the stands are adequate enough to hold crowds and the venue is just beautiful.  There is no better lighting in SE Texas.

In years to come look for Bronco stadium to host playoff games for the first few weeks of the playoffs.

The only thing really lacking is a nice field house and more parking.

These issues will be addressed in the upcoming years.

WOS, enjoy the game in Dayton ! (whomever you may be playing)

I, for one, am so excited to be playing in Dayton instead of the long trips to Houston.  I don't mind playing in Houston sometimes, but the traffic just slays me.  I'd rather play in Conroe or Huntsville.  I enjoyed the stadium at Lufkin when we played there a couple of years ago, but going up that way would be a couple of weeks off.

I'm not sure why we are playing at 2, though.  Is there a game after ours on Saturday?

Comparing semi-common opponents means nothing, and, yes, anything can happen. That said, let's compare:

WO-S dominated a team (Hamshire-Fannett) that dominated two teams from Coldspring's district. One of them lost to Coldspring by two (Liberty) and the other willl play on Friday.

Coldspring has allowed high scores of 55, 54 and 43.

WO-S has allowed high scores of 21, 15 and 14 (the latter two being 4A teams).

Coldspring has passed for 386 yards and rushed for 2372.

WO-S has allowed an average of 78 rushing yards per game.

WO-S has passed for 941 and rushed for 2166.

Coldspring has allowed an average of 210 yards per game.

As always, we're not unbeatable, but we're not Cleveland!

Money is on the Mustangs. Be safe and careful!

Anything can happen in any given game at the high school level.  Coldspring has beaten Madisonville.  Madisonville sits at 8-1.  Coldspring then comes out and loses to Cleveland later in the season... a game that proves clearly that anything can happen on any given Friday night.  Coldspring was definitely the better team.  But, Cleveland just played better that night.  WOS is certainly the favorite.  And deservably so.  But, they will have to contend with the speed of the Coldspring backfield.  Coldspring will have to play mistake free and get some breaks.  WOS will have to make a few costly mistakes.  But, that happens every week in high school football. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder