LUMBERTON 27 VIDOR 28/Final

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

The OL - no headlines and little or no recognition, but to have a winning team, one of the most important components.  Without a good effort from them QB’s can’t setup and make their throws, RB’s rarely clear the line of scrimmage.  Them hoggs make things work.

Yes sir. Spot on. 

5 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That’s awesome, good music too. That RB 32 had some wheels, love watching Vidor sling that ball around lol. Man those gold helmets were sweet.

not trying to sleight my friend, but i honestly dont remember him being as fast as that reel made him out to be..but i guess tape dont lie lol. he was powerful, and had insane balance...and apparently he was fast fast too, instead of just fast. haha!

13 minutes ago, TenaciousK said:

not trying to sleight my friend, but i honestly dont remember him being as fast as that reel made him out to be..but i guess tape dont lie lol. he was powerful, and had insane balance...and apparently he was fast fast too, instead of just fast. haha!

PHYSICAL SPEED

On 11/6/2021 at 9:40 AM, TenaciousK said:

If I remember correctly the 2003 vidor squad went 2-8 with 6 of those 8 being from 13pts. That was rough. Also didn't help we took a team that ran the option all of their lives and for 1 year we switch to west coast. The vidor qb was the 2nd fastest kid in the district behind chopper williams at central. Option could have been deadly. But..such is life. 

Now as far as the game last night goes - just wow. That was nice. Sidenote - whomever controls that horn for Ltown... honking it while the raider receiver is on his breakaway td.. wait for him to be in the endzone before you fire it up. I honestly thought Lumberton had a better balanced team. Solid team! Real good team even! It felt like one of those games where the opponents were difficult enough on their own, and combined with the td being called back and the halftime clock fiasco... I thought it would just be too much for vidor to overcome. Nothing seemed to go their way. And when things don't go your way, the opponents seems too hard to keep up with... thats usually when kids lose composure and start taking personal fouls. But they didn't. Proud of you, pirates ☠ 

I remember thinking the exact same thing about them switching to the pro set during Colberts' senior year. I was looking forward to the option game that year. Colbert was fast but he wasn't really a football player

On 11/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I remember thinking the exact same thing about them switching to the pro set during Colberts' senior year. I was looking forward to the option game that year. Colbert was fast but he wasn't really a football player

He was a multi-threat. Good vision too. And great awareness. When he was primarily defense, he had a few multi-pick games. Probably finished 2002 with 7 or 8 picks. -- and he blocked 2 field goals off the edge in 2001. 1 against Nederland when we beat them 10-8 ...that was a chip shot and would have won the game for them.. i only remember it because it was the first time we beat them in like 3 decades. And also it was the first game after the 9/11 attacks, and both stands passed around a very large american flag like it was crowd surfing. I can't remember the other block..but it was also a game winner i believe.

10 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

He was a multi-threat. Good vision too. And great awareness. When he was primarily defense, he had a few multi-pick games. Probably finished 2002 with 7 or 8 picks. -- and he blocked 2 field goals off the edge in 2001. 1 against Nederland when we beat them 10-8 ...that was a chip shot and would have won the game for them.. i only remember it because it was the first time we beat them in like 3 decades. And also it was the first game after the 9/11 attacks, and both stands passed around a very large american flag like it was crowd surfing. I can't remember the other block..but it was also a game winner i believe.

I remember that 2001 Nederland game vividly. Dewayne Anderson had that 60 yard scamper early in the first quarter. 

11 hours ago, piratevillain said:

I remember that 2001 Nederland game vividly. Dewayne Anderson had that 60 yard scamper early in the first quarter. 

The ol Fullback Wrap-Around Draw. Dewayne also had incredible balance. He bounced off at least 3 defenders that play. He was also the punter, and when the snap went over his head deep in our own territory, he had the foresight to kick it out of the back of the endzone, giving Ned the safety as opposed to falling on it and giving them 1st and a really short field, or worse, a scoop and score.