Central downs OF 67-43 tonight

Guest bleed orange

Just did not have a good shooting night. Not only from the field but also from the freethrow line. Central probably had something to do with that. They were the better team tonight.

Went to the game tonight. Both teams really looked sloppy early on, but central turned it on midway threw the second quarter. They are very fast, athletic and have lots od depth on the bench. They start a freshman at the point guard who can flat out shoot and handle the rock. The orangefield squad doesn't look like their past squads under Ancelot, but I think they will be fine.

They wouldn't look like the same club with Ancelot this year.They will have some growing pains but they will be OK,give em a little time.Tough opener for a young club but it will help em down the road.

I couldn't agree with you more whsalum. We only have two girls on this team that have varsity experience. We're very young with only two seniors, but we have some good young talent to go with them. We're also learning a completely different system right now under Coach Jost, so it's going to take some time before everyone is on the same page. We lost 7 seniors off last years team, so we have kids playing varsity basketball for the first time. That showed at times last night against Central, but it's only going to help us get better down the line.

Orangefield could not buy a basket!  Man, it looked like the WO-S game we lost last year, we couldn't hit a shot. We just aren't physical enough.  Our big girls have to play big and get rebounds, and blocking out is key to doing that.  I didn't see anyone blocking out and against an athletic team like Central you just have to do that.  It was sloppy, but we all expected it to be. Once we get in basketball shape, its on.  :D

Orangefield could not buy a basket!  Man, it looked like the WO-S game we lost last year, we couldn't hit a shot. We just aren't physical enough.  Our big girls have to play big and get rebounds, and blocking out is key to doing that.  I didn't see anyone blocking out and against an athletic team like Central you just have to do that.  It was sloppy, but we all expected it to be. Once we get in basketball shape, its on.  :D

You're right, we need our post players to get aggressive. They will have to throw their weight around to compete in today's style of basketball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder