CANCELED - Fort Bend Christian Academy vs Vidor 9/17/2021 - CANCELED

NoNeckNic479

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I respect your task at hand moderating this board. But certainly there is waaayyyy more personal stuff than our harmless banter. I’m personally not upset by his/her comments. Like I said, I know you have a voluntary job to do, but I do feel that our little pokes and jabs are harmless. Neither were over the top. No disrespect, just giving some perspective. Plus, he/she started it. 😇

Doesn’t matter.  I’m just verbally warning you not giving points.  Things like this can get out of hand.

Just now, Bigdog said:

Doesn’t matter.  I’m just verbally warning you not giving points.  Things like this can get out of hand.

Nope, I agree. And when they get out of hand, something should happen. Til then…it’s harmless. One more time, I know you have a responsibility. I just don’t think with ALL the back and forth, this particular instance was more than benign. 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Vidor does have a VERY strong history of racism. Im sure over time things have changed. Even in the 90s, Vidor had zero minorities living there. 

I’m pretty sure that’s wrong, lived here my whole life since the 80s. Went to every Vidor school, my whole family is Hispanic... maybe I should say Latinx or whatever the politically correct woke term is we’re using these days.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Vidor does have a VERY strong history of racism. Im sure over time things have changed. Even in the 90s, Vidor had zero minorities living there. 

Not exactly… I think most of it were lies/exaggerations that Vidor kinda secretly enjoyed. 

We’ve all heard about “the sign,” but it’s weird that nobody ever snapped a picture of the thing. We all know somebody that swears it was there, but nobody snapped a pic. Weird. 

But you’re right. 30 years ago there were no minorities. But I DO remember seeing a bus with KKK stuff all over it on the comer of Twin City and Nederland Avenue in the same time frame. Maybe people should refuse to play Ned, PNG, OF, BC, Deweyville, Evadale and Lumberton for the same reason. 

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Not exactly… I think most of it were lies/exaggerations that Vidor kinda secretly enjoyed. 

We’ve all heard about “the sign,” but it’s weird that nobody ever snapped a picture of the thing. We all know somebody that swears it was there, but nobody snapped a pic. Weird. 

But you’re right. 30 years ago there were no minorities. But I DO remember seeing a bus with KKK stuff all over it on the comer of Twin City and Nederland Avenue in the same time frame. Maybe people should refuse to play Ned, PNG, OF, BC, Deweyville, Evadale and Lumberton for the same reason. 

Lumberton??? What did WE do?…

(couldn’t find the tongue in cheek emoji)

• Bigdog locked this topic