Hull-Daisetta vs Somerville

HD played well in it’s 1st scrimmage, even without a few top starters, the 2nd scrimmage they didn’t play as well, still missing a few top guys. Can’t help but wonder if Dawson at QB full time, with Sellers at FB would be special. Dawson is dynamic with the ball in his hands, Sellers is a bull with the ball, coupled with a huge O-line, TE Drake and Weeks on the edges, HD could make defensive coordinators have nightmares. Jeremiah Lofton and Chris Warren will drastically improve the HD team once they are back! Jeremiah is explosive! Warren, Cayden Robinson, Dylan Scott and Ford on the O-line are huge and athletic! Connor Drake may just be the District MVP, if not Dawson. Coach Birdwell has every kid in school wanting to play football, the sideline is stacked with players, they just want to play for him, upper class man that have never played, have come out, just goes to show you the kind of great man Coach Birdwell is. 

Summerville is no powerhouse, but they will be no push over, HD will need to come out fast and focused to win. 

HD 20

Summerville 18

• Bigdog changed the title to Hull-Daisetta vs Somerville
5 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Fixed it, but that’s the last one.  I’m not spending the whole season correcting bad spelling in thread titles!  😳😡😀

Hey alot of teams have 2 scrimmages, you've had your 2 correcting spelling scrimmages in one day, you're officially ready for the season 😁

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hey alot of teams have 2 scrimmages, you've had your 2 correcting spelling scrimmages in one day, you're officially ready for the season 😁

Lol.  Y’all are just going to have to live with the bad spelling for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Are there 3 or 4 horsemen at HD this year?   What can we expect from those Bobcats this week, under the guidance of a former Bobcat?

😁 

That's what they're saying. Hell they got me picking them to win district this year, that never happens from me. 

17 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Didn’t Colmesneil just beat HD in a scrimmage? 

1-1, both teams scored. Colmesneil did look good, was shocking. HD was missing a few key starters. 

I’ll say one thing, Cody Day is very passionate, very knowledgeable Coach. I was impressed, but kinda shocked how much of his offense he showed vs HD in the scrimmage last week. Colmesneil basically played the scrimmage like it was the 1st District game, they pulled out all the stops lol, misdirection, trick plays, bombs, blitzing,  multiple formations etc. I haven’t ever seen a Coach that aggressive in a scrimmage, Coach Day even stopped the scrimmage and walked to mid field, and told the refs there were scouts filming in the stands, it was just HD fans lol. I think Coach Birdwell was a little caught off guard by the atmosphere, gotta tip your hat, Colmesneil it ready to play! Coach Day was even walking behind the HD offense and calling out the plays lol.