What a good representation......Olympics

5GallonBucket

8 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

If this were Russia or North Korea she would never be heard from again.  Here in America, the land of the free, she is free to espouse her views.  It cracks me up that people feel they need to make these grandiose political statements.  It also cracks me up that people can’t see when you disrespect the flag how the overwhelming majority will take offense to it.  The reason they do it in the first place - attention…..the “look at me” generation (selfies, Tik-Tok, Instachat and Snapgram, etc).  

Amen

2 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Then why choose to represent America in the Olympic s?

You can be a critic of your country and still love your country. Like I said this is not Russia or North Korea. The woman hasn’t stated she hates America and wishes to move elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You can be a critic of your country and still love your country. Like I said this is not Russia or North Korea. The woman hasn’t stated she hates America and wishes to move elsewhere.

I’m a critic of our country....but I will always stand and recognize the flag.

Let me ask you what is she accomplish ing by doing that.....other than getting some attention. Pathetic and sad.

it does NOTHING. If you want change get out in the community...talk with local and state officials so on and so forth.

turning your back on the flag is divisive plain and simple.

14 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I’m a critic of our country....but I will always stand and recognize the flag.

Let me ask you what is she accomplish ing by doing that.....other than getting some attention. Pathetic and sad.

it does NOTHING. If you want change get out in the community...talk with local and state officials so on and so forth.

turning your back on the flag is divisive plain and simple.

Maybe it’s a great plan it’s forcing the conversation. As you can see. She has the attention.

I could care less about this female and had never heard of her before her little stunt.  Kaepernick was a QB who had some success until he wanted to right his perceived wrongs.  I could care less about him.  If you do not like your lot in life work your butt off to change it.  No one (unless you are rich or win the lottery) is going to hand you or give you anything.  It is a privilege to live here in this country.  

6 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

I could care less about this female and had never heard of her before her little stunt.  Kaepernick was a QB who had some success until he wanted to right his perceived wrongs.  I could care less about him.  If you do not like your lot in life work your butt off to change it.  No one (unless you are rich or win the lottery) is going to hand you or give you anything.  It is a privilege to live here in this country.  

You may not hear from her again. She placed third in the hammer throw behind one girl who set a record. In the Olympics, she will have even stiffer competition in this event. She has been reprimanded before for a clenched fist, you know, the racial sign.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I went back and read all of her tweets. She commented the same, "I never said I hate America".......but she never said she loved America or was proud of America. It would be my opinion she hates the country that gave her the opportunity to be great.  Think of how many people would love to have her opportunities...... 

Perception is everything......She is representing the USA, which means everyone. She is not doing a great job of representation because not everyone agrees with her protest. I certainly don't. 

53 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I went back and read all of her tweets. She commented the same, "I never said I hate America".......but she never said she loved America or was proud of America. It would be my opinion she hates the country that gave her the opportunity to be great.  Think of how many people would love to have her opportunities...... 

Perception is everything......She is representing the USA, which means everyone. She is not doing a great job of representation because not everyone agrees with her protest. I certainly don't. 

It’s not up to her to prove she love this country. She’s entitled to peacefully protest as she see’s fit. You in return can feel however you choose to feel about it.

11 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

It’s not up to her to prove she love this country. She’s entitled to peacefully protest as she see’s fit. You in return can feel however you choose to feel about it.

Many people are saying she don't. She could clear it up if she wanted, so it appears to me she does not want it cleared up. 

I agree she has a right to peaceful protest, just not when representing me

19 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Many people are saying she don't. She could clear it up if she wanted, so it appears to me she does not want it cleared up. 

I agree she has a right to peaceful protest, just not when representing me

This is the whole thing in a nutshell. She should not represent this country (you and me) against the world if she feels oppressed. How can someone oppressed be on an Olympic team? Her name was not drawn out of a hat. This country has committed a lot of time, effort, and MONEY for her to be where she is today. I guess if she didn’t make the team, she would cry racism, since the white girls seem to be better. That’s gratitude for you. 

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

This ain’t Russia or North Korea. USA citizens are free to protest/criticize its government. No where has she stated she hates the USA. She’s doing the most American thing she can do exercising her 1st amendment. How that translates to she must hate America?

On many topics, in many forums and from many political views extreme right to extreme left I have seen this comment.  I have never seen a single person ever claim that someone does not have a right to protest. That is a perfect example of a straw man argument. “Well she the right!!”. Yes and I have never seen anyone say otherwise.

No, turning your back on the flag in protest is not the most American thing you can do. If that premise is true, then being an atheist is the most American thing you can do. Why? Because you have that same First Amendment right to have or not have any religion. Let’s imagine a person saying, “I think anyone who believes in God is an idiot and you might as well believe in the Tooth Fairy!”. Our response should be, “Wow, that is the most American thing I have ever heard. This man upheld two of his First Amendment rights in one sentence”?

So when someone says, I think North Korea is awesome and we also should go to a dictatorship. Anyone that does not agree should be punished by having their entire family placed in prison just like in North Korea, even if the rest of the family does not agree. PAMFAM…. Man that’s the most American thing…..

Uhhhh,  no it’s not. 

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

This ain’t Russia or North Korea. USA citizens are free to protest/criticize its government. No where has she stated she hates the USA. She’s doing the most American thing she can do exercising her 1st amendment. How that translates to she must hate America?

The most American thing she can do?

Don’t think so.  

She could join the military and serve her country, way more American than what she did.

3 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

On many topics, in many forums and from many political views extreme right to extreme left I have seen this comment.  I have never seen a single person ever claim that someone does not have a right to protest. That is a perfect example of a straw man argument. “Well she the right!!”. Yes and I have never seen anyone say otherwise.

No, turning your back on the flag in protest is not the most American thing you can do. If that premise is true, then being an atheist is the most American thing you can do. Why? Because you have that same First Amendment right to have or not have any religion. Let’s imagine a person saying, “I think anyone who believes in God is an idiot and you might as well believe in the Tooth Fairy!”. Our response should be, “Wow, that is the most American thing I have ever heard. This man upheld two of his First Amendment rights in one sentence”?

So when someone says, I think North Korea is awesome and we also should go to a dictatorship. Anyone that does not agree should be punished by having their entire family placed in prison just like in North Korea, even if the rest of the family does not agree. PAMFAM…. Man that’s the most American thing…..

Uhhhh,  no it’s not. 

The most American thing to do is exercise your first amendment as I have stated. I’ve never once said the way she’s going about it is the most American thing to do. But we live in a country that allows us to do exactly what she’s doing. If it makes some uncomfortable so be it.

Its what makes America great.

2 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The most American thing she can do?

Don’t think so.  

She could join the military and serve her country, way more American than what she did.

You can join the military in North Korea also . Can’t openly protest Kim… you see the difference. It’s our freedom’s that separates us.

21 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

The most American thing to do is exercise your first amendment as I have stated. I’ve never once said the way she’s going about it is the most American thing to do. But we live in a country that allows us to do exactly what she’s doing. If it makes some uncomfortable so be it.

Its what makes America great.

Really? What about all the snowflakes who are so easily offended? …..and I think it is far north of SOME being offended.

21 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You can join the military in North Korea also . Can’t openly protest Kim… you see the difference. It’s our freedom’s that separates us.

You can spin it any way you want, this country isn’t great because of the types of actions that this loser did.

If we had too many of her, the country would be great no longer.

You see the difference?

30 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You can spin it any way you want, this country isn’t great because of the types of actions that this loser did.

If we had too many of her, the country would be great no longer.

You see the difference?

They don’t see the difference....they don’t see why learning from history is so important...instead they want to go backwards.  What we do now will affect the future....

17 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

They don’t see the difference....they don’t see why learning from history is so important...instead they want to go backwards.  What we do now will affect the future....

Agree, and I am not arguing that she has no right to do this, but you shouldn’t be allowed to represent this country if you pull this crap.