Dave Campbell 2021 3A D2 preseason top 10

• lionpride08 changed the title to Dave Campbell 2021 3A D2 preseason top 10
  • 2 weeks later...

I think DCTF has it exactly right. Finalist Franklin, if I recall, had almost everyone coming back, while Canadian had a Senior heavy State Champion team. Gunter will be revenge minded in the semis after Canadian blasted them 33-6 last year.  The athleticism of Waskom and Newton will always have those two in the hunt.  

On 7/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, Separation Scientist said:

Canadian seemed to be emotionally hung over from their huge win over Gunter the week before. They played uncharacteristically flat until the 2nd half. The mark of a great team though is being able to reach for the gas and find it at crunch time, and they were able to do it. 

I believe Franklin played flat as well.... A one point win over the team that beat team in the state championship in 15 can do that to you. Every talks about how canadian played flat but franklin did as well in the first half. If franklin does not come out flat they win by 14 but that is what happens when you dont come put ready

25 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I can see that too. ^^^  I think every one agrees Franklin is 1 and the 2-5 teams are the same four regardless how they are ordered. Then I think there is a real gap between 2-5 and 6-10. 

Franklin has a tough schedule as well...

Week 1 3AD1 @ #8 Lorena

Week 2 2AD1 #15 Hearne

Week 3 3AD1 @ #20 Cameron (with rhoades back) first home game I believe for yoe

Week 4 3AD1 Troy

Then we start district in the toughest district in 3ad2 imo. 1-4 teams went to 3rd round...

#8 Elysian Fields will be good they beat waskom last year. East Bernard is over ranked at #9 with 3/5 coming back. West rusk should have been top 10