****NEDERLAND VS LUMBERTON/WHO TAKES FINAL PLAYOFF SPOT?*****

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the cap is 18, then with Nederland being -18, a 9 point win would put them -9.

Lumberton stands at +1, so losing by 9 would put them -8.

I think Nederland must win by 10 or more.  WOS87, is this right?

I don't think this will come into play but i heard 16 is the most points used for tie breaker. (+/- 16)

The key for Lumberton is...

WIN AND YOUR IN!

I wouldn't be worrying about the points.

Both these teams had better not leave anything on the playing field.  It will be the last football game for one team's group of seniors.

You have really got to feel for the team that ends up on the low end  of the scoreboard.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS...

Remember...

WIN AND YOUR IN!

Bulldogs, you need to be thinking the score is zero to 10 when the game starts.

A PN-G win really makes the points matter.

The key for Lumberton is...

WIN AND YOUR IN!

I wouldn't be worrying about the points.

Both these teams had better not leave anything on the playing field.  It will be the last football game for one team's group of seniors.

You have really got to feel for the team that ends up on the low end  of the scoreboard.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS...

Remember...

WIN AND YOUR IN!

Bulldogs, you need to be thinking the score is zero to 10 when the game starts.

A PN-G win really makes the points matter.

A win would be awesome, but to be honest if our team would just show up this week and play as hard as they possibly can for 4 straight quarters without letting up win or lose, I would sleep well Friday night.

Guest osue200

I know why, that was sarcasm!

Hey Tiger12  I see what you are doing.  Getting to much dust on the paddle just have to take it out for a little stir ;D  I know.  Its been boring on the softball thread.  Need to get in a little practice

Go BULLDOGS!   

Guest maverick24

Has any one thought how GREAT this District is?? We have a team that has to go 9-1 Did you get that 9-1 just to make the playoffs. Not to win the District Title outright but just to make it. I said in week one that I thought Raidernation would have to beat two of the big three to make the playoffs I was right!! I also said I thought 8-2 would get us in I WAS WRONG. I cant see Ned winning this game, not because Dayton gave yall the worst BEAT-DOWN  of all its beat downs they have handed out this year. I say this because Ned is ONE thing a Passing game and alot of time don't even try to run the ball. Well that is why they have trouble with the better teams they have played. Do I think we will Completely Shut down yalls passing game? No But I think we slow it down enough, And I dont see yall shutting down our ballanced attack. I will say this if yall come to Raidernation Stadium and beat us I will tip my hat too your players. If I were a Ned Fan or Parent I would start thinking on how to explain, how all good things come to a END. I don't care if we win by 1 or 63 I just say we win. I can promise there is not a Ned fan out there that is not worried about coming into Raidernation stadium and facing a very hungry GOOD team, not to mention Maverick24 and his 8,000 closest friends. If Ned wins they will deserve and earn it!! I would be Ready for some hard hitting I Promise HANNA will be!

Guest abovetherim

That should be one heck of a game, PN-G and Galena Park! However, this will not make me popular but I see Dayton and Lumberton winning Friday night.

Mav, finally a post I can appreciate and read without shaking my head in pity.  You said it well, I do think Ned can appreciate what they'll be facing this Friday night.  They know it's going to be a war.  They know that if they don't show up and play lights out that they will be sitting home next week.  I think everyone knows what's coming, what's on the line, and what needs to be done... the question is who's gonna be able to do it.  Tough question to answer at this point.  I will say this, to the unbiased impartial bystander, if you don't think Lumberton is the favorite in this one, you haven't been watching much football this year.  Nederland will have to pull an upset to continue it's season.  I think they will, but Lumberton is the favorite no question about it in my mind.

Mav, finally a post I can appreciate and read without shaking my head in pity.  You said it well, I do think Ned can appreciate what they'll be facing this Friday night.  They know it's going to be a war.  They know that if they don't show up and play lights out that they will be sitting home next week.  I think everyone knows what's coming, what's on the line, and what needs to be done... the question is who's gonna be able to do it.  Tough question to answer at this point.  I will say this, to the unbiased impartial bystander, if you don't think Lumberton is the favorite in this one, you haven't been watching much football this year.  Nederland will have to pull an upset to continue it's season.  I think they will, but Lumberton is the favorite no question about it in my mind.

I feel the exact same way, except I dont "think" Nederland will get their heads together and pull off an upset, but I truly "hope" they do.... We are the underdog and should be. Our team has not played well enough to be the favorite. Lumberton deserves to be the favorite and their team and community is rightfully extremely excited about the season, the way the kids have played and the likelihood of their first playoff appearance.

and Maverick, we know how to lose ;). We in Nederland have been in losing efforts in big games in football, soccer, baseball, volleyball and softball for a long long time. If we lose this game, it wont be the first do or die game we have lost and we survive each year, each time it happens.

The last really ungrateful loss where we felt we had a gripe was the 2000 game against WOS in WOS. Other than that game,,, we were just flat beaten.

The question is, should the moment arise, will YOU know how to win gracefully ? Its a simple yes or no question for a simple yes or no answer....

I am quite sure the boys will be talking it up during the game but the fans and players will win or lose with grace.  Credeur has taught the boys well and expects the same from the fans. 

Win or lose it has been a great season.  If we win, we will be happy that we finally beat Nederland but the real celebration will be beacuse we make the playoffs, and it will be a celebration. 

If we lose, we will be disappointed but it will be one of those life lessons.  Even with hard work, one doesn't always get what they want in life.  A loss in this game will not be the worst thing these kids face in life. 

It's going to be rocking in Raider Stadium come 7:00 PM Friday!!!!  I CAN'T WAIT!

Good luck to both teams.

Mav, finally a post I can appreciate and read without shaking my head in pity.  You said it well, I do think Ned can appreciate what they'll be facing this Friday night.  They know it's going to be a war.  They know that if they don't show up and play lights out that

they will be sitting home next week.  I think everyone knows what's coming, what's on the line, and what needs to be done... the question is who's gonna be able to do it.  Tough question to answer at this point.  I will say this, to the unbiased impartial bystander, if you don't think Lumberton is the favorite in this one, you haven't been watching much football this year.  Nederland will have to pull an upset to continue it's season.  I think they will, but Lumberton is the favorite no question about it in my mind.

Penny and Mike East those are two great posts from a couple of very classy fans. Thanks! That alone makes up for any misconceptions I have ever had about Nederland fans. Good Luck to Nederland and may the best team win.

Penny and Mike East those are two great posts from a couple of very classy fans. Thanks! That alone makes up for any misconceptions I have ever had about Nederland fans. Good Luck to Nederland and may the best team win.

Yeah,

I have been talking online about football for YEARS and I have met so many people from other schools that you would not believe it, I have made true friends from LaMarque, WOS, PNG, Memorial, Smithson Valley, Bay City and several other schools that have met  to watch many games from bulletin boards. Guys that post here all the time and some I have not seen in a few years. I have often wondered if my old friend Bumblebee and patitan are the same person, but I have never asked. Cool guy, loved to talk smack though. 8) I have made several life long friends and never made an enemy as a result of a personal meeting. I only know of a couple of real life jerks that frequent these boards,,, 99.9% of the guys I know from all the schools are genuinely nice guys and despite all the jawing that we do on here understand that everything here is said in fun and for a mutual love of the game and the kids.  :)

I'm a little confused here, PNG is in the playoffs, Dayton takes the two spot and now Lumberton and Ned are playing for the 3 spot, my question is how does Dayton take the 2 spot and not Lumberton, just a little confused.  Good luck to these teams in the playoffs.

Dayton does not have the 2 spot locked up. They have a playoff spot locked up due to points in head to head games.

Guest maverick24

Yeah,

I have been talking online about football for YEARS and I have met so many people from other schools that you would not believe it, I have made true friends from LaMarque, WOS, PNG, Memorial, Smithson Valley, Bay City and several other schools that have met  to watch many games from bulletin boards. Guys that post here all the time and some I have not seen in a few years. I have often wondered if my old friend Bumblebee and patitan are the same person, but I have never asked. Cool guy, loved to talk smack though. 8) I have made several life long friends and never made an enemy as a result of a personal meeting. I only know of a couple of real life jerks that frequent these boards,,, 99.9% of the guys I know from all the schools are genuinely nice guys and despite all the jawing that we do on here understand that everything here is said in fun and for a mutual love of the game and the kids.  :)

Wow Mike gets IT! Please explain it again, Maverick gets bashed by people that talk trash as well and I think because they believe what they say, they dont think its trash talk. Because they disagree with Maverick they all call it trash talk when I do it. We all do it and I dont take it personal I look at it as great fun.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder